PDA

View Full Version : tubular manifold

LYNCHSTAR
12-01-2013, 17:48
does anyone rate race land tubular manifolds mines cracked for the second time:mad: and leaning out on idle and the horrible ticking noise aswell gonna go back to the standard cast one and hell of a lot easyer to change:)

GTphil
12-01-2013, 18:30
More trouble than they are worth, imo.

loads have suffered the same fate, the downpipe brackets are suppost to help stop them from cracking.

LYNCHSTAR
12-01-2013, 18:35
got all brackets bud.

Harri
12-01-2013, 18:55
I made extra support rod for turbo to help the manifold from cracking. The rod has uniballs on both ends and its bolted between gearbox and turbo. This way it supports but also allows heat expansion of the manifold. Mine hasnt cracked (yet) but it may also be because i manufactured the thing from scratch myself and used only proper stainless not the grade which is normally used in exhausts which is really sh*tty.

LYNCHSTAR
12-01-2013, 19:47
when i take it of it aint going back on to much hastle gonna weld it at work then ebay it.

Miller
12-01-2013, 19:56
Has it cracked at the same bit? I seen glens one when he cut it up and it had very thick material, when his cracked he just went over all the welds again and did not have any more problems with it. So it's good material but the welding is poor with not enough penatration.

I have a new one waiting to go on emmas car, but I am going to get it fully re-welded before it's fitted with extra supports. Plus get it checked for flatness.

Chris

Tony Walker
12-01-2013, 20:24
mines been perfect, and i use it hard, 18psi 200hp sees 7krpm atleast 8-9 times a day everyday?
Very noticeable difference after fitting it.
The only thing i can think of that i may of done different is that i used 2 manifold gaskets just incase there was any discrepency between the inlet and exhaust, perhaps this gives it a little more room for expansion if the face isnt quite flat?
Your leaning out on idle is probably the blowing manifold.

dangerous dave
12-01-2013, 20:28
There was a link to a thread overseas where someone inspected the welds and they were 90% sh1te..

I couldn't be bothered to have mine corrected so jogged it on..

Brigsy
13-01-2013, 12:33
Cheap ****e, stick with o.e;)

rs250nut
13-01-2013, 13:11
Cheap ****e, stick with o.e;)

Damn right proper ****e, made of thin wall 304 tube, should be made from sch pipe then it would not crack.

Jörg
13-01-2013, 17:03
In Youtupe you can see allready Movies about this , i have also bad experience with raceland ..................

And I am not alone , in Ebay Germany sometimes you can buy New Raceland Manifold for 100€ for a Five GTT ........... but nobody buy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cvJFo8dye8