PDA

View Full Version : diagrams

michael tierney
04-01-2013, 20:27
overveiw of componants and twin fuel rail connections

diagram 4 is the installation of a swirlpot...necessary if ur going rallying or maybe even track use....prevents the fuel pump momentarilly running dry wiith hard cornering or bumps...causing a large hicup!!

michael tierney
08-11-2015, 16:07
i wanted to post this tip as it gave me some grief when i came across it......the standard steel fuel pipes under the car are up to the job so long as they are not too rusty but they are 8mm O.D.
if u fit an 8mm I.D. rubber hose to them they will be ok ....for a while....but you can get a 7.4mm I.D. hose from webcon and a 7.6mm hose on ebay.....both are not cheap but the 8mm hose will eventually leak .....the steel braided hoses only seem to be available in 1mm steps!
(which is a shame)

michael tierney
02-02-2016, 20:17
.Another tip......get a set of plugs(non turbo type)for initial tuning and low MAP settings....you can clean them with a blow torch to burn off the carbon and they're only £2.50 each..........the turbo plugs are a bit expensive to be throwing a new set into it every time they blacken! On my modified manifolds i would recommend a single cone spray injector.....250-300cc...from an 8 valve engine.(2 valves per cylinder).... the twin cone from a 16 valve will work fine but it wont be as effective as its directing the spray towards the port walls and not the back of the valve so it will effect economy.I've just fitted my original heat shield and I think its a must, especially, for EFI conversions as there's alot of heat there on full chat!!

Very important to keep a regular check on the hose clips as high temps and high fuel pressure tend to soften the pipes and the hose clips grip.....(plus it seems to be very difficult to get decent clips and hoses!!)

Matt Cole
02-02-2016, 22:00
Good advice Michael. I reckon I need to change all of my fuel lines for something like 10mm ID ;)

michael tierney
03-03-2016, 17:15
http://www.simtekuk.co.uk/product.php/3_way_delphi_pull-to-seat_sensor_connector/?k=:::2644150
this item is usually needed for the volvo throttle position switch as the scrappers tend to bin them!