PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Cylinder Head End Plate Bolts?

Woznaldo
04-01-2013, 05:11
Hello All,

Just a quick question on whether Stainless Steel M6 bolts will be ok for securing the Endplate (g/box end) on the side of the Cylinder Head?

I've used cadmium coated bolts before with no problems but wanted to know if anyone has done this and had any issues later down the track?....

Woz

Os8472
04-01-2013, 06:15
I used stainless jobs on mine, 3 years they were on there with no problems :agree:

Nottswoody
04-01-2013, 06:47
I used stainless jobs on mine, 3 years they were on there with no problems :agree:

:agree: all mine are ss too as my old ones were badly corroded and everything's been golden since...

Woznaldo
04-01-2013, 07:25
Thought it would be ok but, just wanted to see if anyone had an issue using them. They're all fitted now!

Alastair
04-01-2013, 08:56
Thought it would be ok but, just wanted to see if anyone had an issue using them. They're all fitted now!

Don't use them. You will get a lot of corrosion in the threads, I have experience!

Buy some shiny anodised alloy ones, they look bling and add 10 Bhp lol!

djinuk
04-01-2013, 11:21
mine are stainless , but when stainless bolts i always ensure i put a lashing of copper slip on the threads.

Woznaldo
04-01-2013, 22:35
mine are stainless , but when stainless bolts i always ensure i put a lashing of copper slip on the threads.

I've used some anti-seize on the threads so should be fine.......

I might swap them over when I can find some suitable replacements.