PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire boy racers?

Nottswoody
03-01-2013, 20:41
Must be worth seeing how the rich doit? C4 10pm not saying its going tobe good :scared:

B18ftMOJO5
03-01-2013, 21:49
Must be worth seeing how the rich doit? C4 10pm not saying its going tobe good :scared:

Good idea. Where the kids hid my remote....hmmmm

tommy_boi
03-01-2013, 22:13
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

gulfie's hey, kuwait style

Big Steve - Raider
03-01-2013, 22:50
What a load of sad acts :jerkoff:

soapymech
03-01-2013, 22:51
Tut tut:coffee:

Nottswoody
03-01-2013, 23:04
What a load of sad acts :jerkoff:

Looked pretty happy to me :) it's just like Nottingham on a weekend except its all subaru and Saxos..

Penfold aka The Dealer
03-01-2013, 23:08
Tut tut:coffee:

Recognise any??

soapymech
03-01-2013, 23:46
Recognise any??

Yep worked with a few of them:banned: had some fun in the pale blue sv, air in Hyde park :devil:

B18ftMOJO5
04-01-2013, 00:10
Looked pretty happy to me :) it's just like Nottingham on a weekend except its all subaru and Saxos..

Well said if you got it flaunt it. If i had a car that made a sound like that at 3k revs. Id wanna hear t. Lol..

andybond
04-01-2013, 01:23
I loved the cars.

I hated the xenophobia

Alex
04-01-2013, 07:49
What amazing amounts of money for such young men to have! What did they do to earn their income? I assume it was something to do with oil?

Pretty childish driving their cars like that but I guess they were only doing what young men with expensive cars would do!

djinuk
04-01-2013, 08:44
I personally thought they seemed like nice guys, got to remember it may seem a tad sad to us, but you gota bear in mind london is probably so diffrent to them, and a real excitement. To some degree we should thank them for being about the only bunch of people that seem to bring £££ into the country rather than leaching it all out.

One of them spoke about how they get it all out there system when there young so that when there older they can be good husbands and fathers. They have tons of money , but you cant blame them for chucking it about and showing it off, they certainly didnt appear to look down on people less fortunate, where as i find more often than not when rich kids are born into money in this country they do.

am i jealous.. yes hugely,

Mart
04-01-2013, 09:22
Totally agree with DJ.

Typical moaning old sh1ts in this country. Probably the same breed of people akin to those that won the farcical court order against Croft circuit a few years back. Why didn't they confront the drivers face to face & ask them to tone it down?

And since when has central London, and even more so that area, been a quiet & leafy place to live anyway? You could understand if it was in the rural countryside, but it's the big smoke ffs; it's 24/7 noisy.

What makes it even more hilarious, is that the Brits aren't exactly known for their UN peace-keeping roles when holidaying in other countries. Pot & kettle certainly springs to mind...

:rolleyes: :dearme:

Alex
04-01-2013, 09:54
I must admit I'd be pretty p*ssed if people kept driving noisy supercars past my house in a built up area at 80+mph all day/night long. It's hardly any wonder why they got so much 5-O attention!

They did seem like reasonable lads though and as said they bring £££ into the country.

soapymech
04-01-2013, 10:22
This is a very interesting argument, on one hand you have these residents of Knightsbridge that have big voices at Westminster and hamersmith council that belive everyone should use public transport or cycle wearing a tweed suit, they do make motoring more and more difficult for us, BUT are the last of a great generation and should not be ignored.
On the other hand you have the people from Dubai that own everything there apart from a few Russians moving in,they make a massive contribution in this country and are good people BUT there are others that come from other country's close to Dubai that have a very different opinion of the English and have zero respect. What side are you on?

Mart
04-01-2013, 11:42
I must admit I'd be pretty p*ssed if people kept driving noisy supercars past my house in a built up area at 80+mph all day/night long

That's just it though mate, London is the most built-up area in the UK, 8 odd million people living there, so by default it's gonna be noisy 24/7. For sure it's not a place to move to if you want peace & tranquility in life :D

As for the 80mph, have you driven down Brompton Road or any of the roads around Harrods (where that documentary seemed to be focused on)? You'll be lucky to do half that speed! From what I saw, it looked like the lads were planting the throttle mainly in 1st, so, what, 30-40mph tops?

It was also a ch4 documentary, so that in itself leaves it wide open for questioning the substance of its topic ;)

Like I said, the Brits aren't exactly known for their placid & humble nature whilst visiting/on holiday in other countries, yet that's hardly ever flagged up by the media. People, stones, glass-houses...

Alex
04-01-2013, 11:51
London sure is noisy but it's not supercar @ 8k in the middle of the night noisy :D They were surely breaking the 30-40 mph barrier, even down those built up roads? Apart from the noise it's obviously very dangerous.

I must say though people that do expect absolute peace and quiet........... then buy a house near a race track (for example) really boil my p*ss! They have complaints all the time near Oulton Park :rolleyes:

One good thing though........... at least you know for sure that those guys won't be drink driving :)

Mart
04-01-2013, 12:13
:laugh: :agree:

The Oulton Park scenario is the same as the Croft shenanigans. Difference being, the recently-moved-in locals somehow won their court case, hence Croft had to dramatically reduce their yearly track events & the noise emitted from them, that much so, that, as an example, I think there's only 4 or so trackdays allowed per year now, and only one being a '105dB' day.

It's absolute bollox, and to this day I still don't understand how the locals won that case? If you move to an area that's next door to a circuit, surely common sense dictates that, bar Winter time, it's going to be somewhat of a 'lively' environment.

If you don't want that in your life, don't fecking move there! :dearme:

Alex
04-01-2013, 12:17
Totally! :agree:

soapymech
04-01-2013, 12:28
The documentary didn't show the hotspots which is namely inside Hyde park (late) and now the bottom end of slone St since the barracks closed. This is where the chelsea pensioners live. Guess who was buying the barracks?

Mart
04-01-2013, 12:53
:agree:

All the time there's money coming into the establishment, the lads in their flash cars will roam the streets.

markey b
04-01-2013, 13:09
you get same noise complaints when people move into a house on the flightpath or near a large airport... although people never moan about being too close to a railway line?!

old skool turbo power
04-01-2013, 20:26

:laugh:.....broad st in bham is just as funny some times as i even found out on new yrs eve.....this springs to mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtKqrBWiTx4
seen the program also quite intresting

mightymanx
04-01-2013, 20:46
i liked it some awesome cars the neibours were a bit of a lot of old grumps :laugh:

GTphil
04-01-2013, 21:03
I would love to pop down on a summers day/evening and have a browse round and take some pictures, question is would i want them outside my house at 1am..........:coffee:

probably not:crap:

Nottswoody
04-01-2013, 21:33
I would love to pop down on a summers day/evening and have a browse round and take some pictures, question is would i want them outside my house at 1am..........:coffee:

probably not:crap:

If I was poping down to see them I would be one of the noisy gits :)

Alex
04-01-2013, 22:25
I must say I wasn't particularly impressed with their choice of cars in general - not what I'd buy if I was lucky enough to have their kind of coin.

I'm just jealous really! :D

casper
04-01-2013, 23:36
This is a very interesting argument, on one hand you have these residents of Knightsbridge that have big voices at Westminster and hamersmith council that belive everyone should use public transport or cycle wearing a tweed suit, they do make motoring more and more difficult for us, BUT are the last of a great generation and should not be ignored.
On the other hand you have the people from Dubai that own everything there apart from a few Russians moving in,they make a massive contribution in this country and are good people BUT there are others that come from other country's close to Dubai that have a very different opinion of the English and have zero respect. What side are you on?

Very politically correct.Love it:agree: