PDA

View Full Version : door catch

bood
02-01-2013, 18:15
I have a very odd door catch. sometimes after driving i get out and when i close the door it just bounces open. i have cleaned and oiled the latch and normally the door shuts with such little effort.

Strange it only happens after i drive it only.

Any ideas please? i would replace the latch but it works so nicely the rest of the time.

Thanks

Tony Walker
02-01-2013, 20:15
sounds like the inner handle may be sticking. when you go to get out it unlocks but stays slightly unlocked and stops the door from latching. if that makes any sense? you;ll need to lube the inner handle and mechanism and the lock/latch

Nottswoody
02-01-2013, 20:29
sounds like the inner handle may be sticking. when you go to get out it unlocks but stays slightly unlocked and stops the door from latching. if that makes any sense? you;ll need to lube the inner handle and mechanism and the lock/latch
:agree:

Happend to me last week after some over enthusiastic jetwashing.. My door flew open going round a corner after my bro got out.. I **** myself thankfully it didn't hit a parked car.. Wd40 sorted it then greased it later

bood
03-01-2013, 06:31
Cheers chaps.

I have lubed the catch from the out side.

Will whip the door card off to check the inside handle.

bood
03-01-2013, 15:48

boom! got it in one chap thanks, pulled the mech out the door cleaned and lubed and TA DAH!!!!

thanks for your help