PDA

View Full Version : Head and carb

Charlie
31-12-2012, 16:41
I have been offered a group A head and carb, are they worth while and how can I tell that they are.

JRP
31-12-2012, 16:46
I have been offered a group A head and carb, are they worth while and how can I tell that they are.

Grp a carb bin it. Just fettle a standard carb.

The head, I would expect to see receipts for work etc, and if possible a standard head to compare parts/ports mmmmm port and cheese (sorry off topic)

olidaviesuk
31-12-2012, 18:39
If its a 'real' group 'a' ie one of the carbs fitted to the r11 rally cars then nice bit of kit and worth ££££, chances are though its tuner rubbish and best destined for the nearest bin...big brass Venturi is the giveaway...

Grp a carb bin it. Just fettle a standard carb.

The head, I would expect to see receipts for work etc, and if possible a standard head to compare parts/ports mmmmm port and cheese (sorry off topic)

JRP
31-12-2012, 19:32
If its a 'real' group 'a' ie one of the carbs fitted to the r11 rally cars then nice bit of kit and worth ££££, chances are though its tuner rubbish and best destined for the nearest bin...big brass Venturi is the giveaway...

Not that likely but very true.

Charlie
31-12-2012, 20:23
worth another look I think, might get lucky.:D

dangerous dave
31-12-2012, 20:47
Just remember when you buy renault parts, don't buy the added bullsh1t.. 99% of the time when someone sells you something using group a-b-c-d it's because they don't know what they have, chances are its standard and your gonna get ripped..

Don't forget a working head can still be fu(ked and so can some carbs, water connections corroded away, one beauty was painted inside and out:confused:

Don't believe people that tell you the heads been pressure tested without proof, I can tell you I pressure tested my d1ck, doesn't mean it's true..

Have your clever head on when you look again..

Charlie
01-01-2013, 10:04
Cheers, thanks for the advice I will keep that in mind.

Happy new year to everyone.:D