PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 white

Nottswoody
26-12-2012, 10:21
Anybody changed the screen and digitiser? In my pissed up Xmas state I managed to drop it and crack the screen.. Iv seen the replacement screens on eBay for £26 are they easy todo?

Penfold aka The Dealer
26-12-2012, 10:24
I paid £40 to have mine replaced in a shop, there are online videos on how to do it yourself....

Warning tho you will void your warranty doing it yourself...

Nick k
26-12-2012, 10:27
My mate had his changed somewhere online, think it was £50 with about a 3 day turn around.

Nottswoody
26-12-2012, 10:28
For £40 I'm happy to take it to a shop was it orange shop as I'm with them anyway..

Slammed 66
26-12-2012, 10:30
A local phone shop run by pikeys fixed my mate phone for £50. For £60 they'd have done the back screen too. When he got it back though the screen stayed alive when up to his ear so kept putting people on hold or mute.

Bigfoot
26-12-2012, 10:43
Yeah make sure you take it to a good shop, as somebody I work with took theirs to a local shop and they managed to stop the bottom half of the screen from working with its touch, looking at videos online there is a lot of items you have to remove to even get to the screen

Haz
26-12-2012, 14:03
I smashed mine within 2 weeks. £23 from amazon, youtube vid explains all and swapped in 40mins. The tools supplied are poor and only last long enough to take it apart so just get metal versions to hand before you start. Other than that an easy fix

Nottswoody
26-12-2012, 14:36
I smashed mine within 2 weeks. £23 from amazon, youtube vid explains all and swapped in 40mins. The tools supplied are poor and only last long enough to take it apart so just get metal versions to hand before you start. Other than that an easy fix

Just watched the vid it seems doable think I will have a go.. Cheers

SCHWARTZ
26-12-2012, 16:31
I got my sisters done for Christmas by apple £60 both screens.

dangerous dave
26-12-2012, 17:05
I diy'd my last iPhone twice and a mates as he broke his.. I've seen the vid for replacing the iphone4's screen and its a full strip down, but I'd still take it on if I needed too.. Half the people I know that have taken there phones in for repair/replacement have found the blotch paper has been set off, so worrying about warranty is pointless, with the iPhone it's hit&miss..

My old iPhone was beaten sh1tless at work and still at home in the draw waiting to be recalled to duty.. My current ones been faultless so I'd do the screen myself and expect it to last till replacement time comes. These phones are pretty much bullet proof, I think Loggs was shot and has a hole in it, yet still operates. :devil:

car.crash
26-12-2012, 17:09
I did the girlfriends once without the video. It ended in pure fail. It was the latest iPhone and was a few weeks old. But I destroyed it so bad that I couldn't even recycle it.

dangerous dave
26-12-2012, 18:17
I did the girlfriends once without the video. It ended in pure fail. It was the latest iPhone and was a few weeks old. But I destroyed it so bad that I couldn't even recycle it.

If all fairness Marc you are a total bell end.. :cooter:

Haz
26-12-2012, 19:56
Its a little fiddly, and you need to keep the screws in order but the vid tells you the parts as they come out, so if something didn't work first time, say the camera then you know which bits to check.
Regards the warranty, afaik its just the moisture sensor that invalidates it, which can also be found on the net ;)
I have a griffin case too now which I got at the same time, a little bulky in your pocket esp on nights out but virtually bomb proof. Vids on them on youtube too.

Slammed 66
26-12-2012, 21:16
I'm also using a griffin survivor case for my iPhone 5. Well recommended.

dangerous dave
26-12-2012, 21:50
I've had the otterbox after car crash showed me his... My 3GS case and my 4 case have been good.

Now I have no case and work on side everyday, sand, cement, dust, mud, clay, water, etc and its pretty tidy still.. There tough phones, I found my case held the grit against it so use a sock for it when needs must.