PDA

View Full Version : Electric blue paint code

Slammed 66
24-12-2012, 16:52
I'm going to need to get my bonnet repainted shortly and I think I've got the paint code but want to be 100% certain before I order any.

On the O/S strut top is a small white sticker with a 3 digit code. Off the top of my head I think it was 459. None of my phase 2s have ever had that there so just want to make sure that's right.

If it makes any difference it's an '86 built phase 1

Thanks

Ross

James5
24-12-2012, 20:07
I'm going to need to get my bonnet repainted shortly and I think I've got the paint code but want to be 100% certain before I order any.

On the O/S strut top is a small white sticker with a 3 digit code. Off the top of my head I think it was 459. None of my phase 2s have ever had that there so just want to make sure that's right.

If it makes any difference it's an '86 built phase 1

Thanks

Ross

Paint code is 495 and theres 3 different shades

Slammed 66
24-12-2012, 20:54
theres 3 different shades

Bugger!

James5
24-12-2012, 21:42
Bugger!

Tell me about i am having a similair prob had some parts sprayed and look perfect but in bright sunlight they are slightly lighter blue :crap: so looks like i am going to go for the full respray so its all the same

groky
25-12-2012, 00:25
when getting your paint ask if it needs a body coat (undercoat) which is a coat of a recommended colour to give the correct shade. Alot of paint suppiers wont tell you if you dont ask.

i only say as blues seem to be more translucant than other colours