PDA

View Full Version : Wonky Windows

Numptysnumnuts
23-12-2012, 22:23
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my electric windows. They work and I mean really work. I replaced the internals of the window mechanisms but now they either shut with a small gap just above the wing mirror or on the drivers side they catch the little tag on the window seals.

Obviously I took the windows out to do this but wondered if the windows are balanced because if I hold one corner of the window the window shuts and will do this 3 or 4 times and then it happens again.

Can anyone give me a hint where I have gone wrong.

philr5t
23-12-2012, 22:28
There on adjusters mate had a right headache when I done mine I think the way to do it is leave the door card off loosen the bolts that hold the window in the regulator get the window in the up/closed position make sure it sits where you think it looks shut ie sealed how it would normally look then tighten up the bolts you left slack and see if that does the job mate

Nottswoody
23-12-2012, 22:40
Funny enough my drivers side has gone like this today :scratch:

Numptysnumnuts
23-12-2012, 23:07
I'll give it a go tomorrow. I am assuming that the adjusters are the two bolts that are in the centre ish of the window?

NottsWoody hopefully it's not viral

philr5t
23-12-2012, 23:27
I'll give it a go tomorrow. I am assuming that the adjusters are the two bolts that are in the centre ish of the window?

NottsWoody hopefully it's not viral

That's the ones mate