PDA

View Full Version : Loss of boost

Nottswoody
23-12-2012, 11:58
Giving it some wellie on the way to work and now iv lossed a bar of boost :scratch: still reading 0.5 and the standard dash reading still gos all the way round but you can feel its not boosting enough.. All pipes are still on and tight and no obvious holes spotted.. I'm going to check the DV first then take all the pipes off and have a look.. What else?

gttjames
23-12-2012, 12:13
first check the diaphragm seal thing in the dv, seen them split before

Slammed 66
23-12-2012, 12:13
Damage to the carb or inlet manifold maybe?

If you're still seeing over a bar on the standard boost gauge then it'd suggest that your loosing boost pressure after the takeoff for the boost gauge.

Ross

Andy M
23-12-2012, 12:16
Fingers crossed its just a split boost hose.

OE hoses are poop if they are old, they go hard split easy. If you have any in your run check them first. They usually split at the clip so take them off the car completley and have a look.

philr5t
23-12-2012, 12:28
Giving it some wellie on the way to work and now iv lossed a bar of boost :scratch: still reading 0.5 and the standard dash reading still gos all the way round but you can feel its not boosting enough.. All pipes are still on and tight and no obvious holes spotted.. I'm going to check the DV first then take all the pipes off and have a look.. What else?

Blank off the D/V and then go out for another spin and see what its doing mate

r5_scotty
23-12-2012, 12:43

:agree:

JRP
23-12-2012, 13:09

While your at it check all boost hoses are tight. To blank DVD cut end of broom off or stubby screw driver will do it ;)

gttjames
23-12-2012, 13:44
or crash's group a jobbies

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=31162

Nottswoody
23-12-2012, 14:54
Sorry :ashamed: school boy error a jubalee had come loose :ashamed: back upto 1.5bar.. It was the one into the turbo so know wonder I was loosing boost.. Everything tickety boo :) did notice the shaft has started moving side to side so rebuild needed I guess soon :( thanks again..

JRP
23-12-2012, 14:55
Sorry :ashamed: school boy error a jubalee had come loose :ashamed: back upto 1.5bar.. It was the one into the turbo so know wonder I was loosing boost.. Everything tickety boo :) did notice the shaft has started moving side to side so rebuild needed I guess soon :( thanks again..

Yeah always check that first, school boy error