PDA

View Full Version : common leak places

bood
20-12-2012, 16:53
Hi all. i seem to have acquired a leak when it rains hard.

My drivers footwell front and rear gets very wet.

I have cleaned the door drain holes out and they flow well.

The bottom if the door card is getting damp tho.

I think i will purchase a new door seal. (do Renault still have these or should i try mike?)

Thanks
Adam

HendyR5
20-12-2012, 17:55
Check the seal that runs along the bottom of the window... take the door card off and lower the window slightly and you'll see it. A found mine hanging off!!

Brigsy
20-12-2012, 18:37
Get a hosepipe on the outside mate whilst looking inside, that will reveal your leak.

bood
20-12-2012, 18:43
Thanks i will look out for the seal.

There are no obvious signs where the water is coming in.

I never get a wet patch when washing my car and i have lingered over the drivers door so not sure the hose will help.

Thanks for the advice tho

dangerous dave
20-12-2012, 19:06
screens a good shout.. my old 106 was bad and my last-last gtt wouldnt have held out the water with its rot.. sometimes its just a poor fitted screen..

TopCat
20-12-2012, 19:23
Does your front door drop when u open it? Just thinking it could be an air gap in the door?

Ian S
20-12-2012, 20:35
My wet drivers footwell was:
• Windscreen leaking at both lower corners as it had come away from the seal.
• Leaking heater matrix.
• Plastic sheet behind the drivers side door card was not there. Should be sealed on with a thick 'mastic' that Renault supply. Water came through the outer drivers door window seals, dripped onto the speaker basket and ran onto the door card and down and over the inside of the door seal.

bood
20-12-2012, 20:37
Thanks again

The car has no rot and the door doesn't drop.

Its as if the door fills up with water but the drain holes are clear.

I think i will pull the carpet up and see if that gives any clues.

Thanks and any more ideas are welcome

Sparkie
20-12-2012, 21:39
Check the seal that runs along the bottom of the window... take the door card off and lower the window slightly and you'll see it. A found mine hanging off!!

mine was exactly the same. - i took the door card off in the rain and watched what happened. - water dripped off the rubber which was hanging off the bottom of the window. then it hit the electric window plug, then it dripped onto the back of the speaker, then past the speaker, into the car, down the inside of the door card!

bood
21-12-2012, 06:40
Ok cool i will have a gander.

The inside of my door(behind the door card not in the door its self) is completely sound deadened so should act like a membrane but you never know.

Thanks chaps.

Does any one have a pic cos if my seal is missing completely i would like to know what should be there.

HendyR5
21-12-2012, 12:32
If you take the door card off and lower the window you wont miss it... runs along the bottom of the glass. A used some U-clips to secure it back on and its been fine since :agree:

Romil Davda
21-12-2012, 12:57
Thought I'd mention my experience...

I found water in the driver footwall! The issue was the bonnet pins I fitted. Water was running done the long pins and into the car via the hole in the bulk head where the hose/wires runs into the car for the boost and AFR gauge.

Fix was to cable tie all the hoses and wires so the water no longer hits and runs down them!

bood
21-12-2012, 14:57
Thanks all

hendyr5 your a star. mine has torn and doesn't run the length of the window.

I need to get a new one asap now.

Thank you
Adam

HendyR5
22-12-2012, 15:27
hendyr5 your a star. mine has torn and doesn't run the length of the window.

Sorted mate :agree: