PDA

View Full Version : Got there after 4 years

Muzza
19-12-2012, 20:29
Got the first drive in the 5 after all the grief it has give me! All is good but don't think its the right turbo for her think is off a 1.7 Volvo wil get the pics up the mora for your opinion and what turbo I have! It is lighting quick when I opened the taps a bit but realised I had the boost turned up full so need to set that then get a good blast in her and see what all you lot are talking about! I built her with a piper 270 cam what should I really have to get the most use out of the cam?? Oh and roughly what boost would you run it at?? Need to get a afr gauge but that will have to wait til after Xmas. I am unsure what way the carb is jetted but just want to no the best set up for this cam thanks??:confused:

Tony Walker
19-12-2012, 20:38
keep the pressure down, with a larger turbo/cam and a fresh engine you'll be flowing alot more air than original so could be leaning out ,id stick below 13psi maybe lower till you know what jets are in the carb and the AFR and enjoy it at that for now :D

Muzza
19-12-2012, 20:56
keep the pressure down, with a larger turbo/cam and a fresh engine you'll be flowing alot more air than original so could be leaning out ,id stick below 13psi maybe lower till you know what jets are in the carb and the AFR and enjoy it at that for now :D

Well I'm not really boosting it full but it's real hard not to give it sum! Thanks for the reply!:agree:

Tony Walker
19-12-2012, 21:24
I know the feeling :D mine ran lean at 18psi with just a 1.2 2nd stage.
They really do bring out the lead foot in you.