PDA

View Full Version : Fan wiring

fossie
19-12-2012, 13:52
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Has anyone got a picture or can tell what wires go to the fan switch from the relay it appears that mine has had a switch fitted badly. There's 2 green and yellow wires from the relay however only one is wired to the fan switch.
From the switch it is joined to the relay and where another wire goes onto the alternator.
It also has a orange wire connected from the switch to the relay.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Lee

James5
19-12-2012, 13:58
I just had to re-do mine completly and done it as below
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1712&pictureid=7694

fossie
19-12-2012, 14:01

I'm confused lol. Did you use the original wiring. If you did is there any chance of a pic.
I'm ****e at wiring and don't have a clue lol. Pics are better.

James5
19-12-2012, 14:08

I'm confused lol. Did you use the original wiring. If you did is there any chance of a pic.
I'm ****e at wiring and don't have a clue lol. Pics are better.

No original wiring used as my car is hmmm a little different:laugh: I had to start from scratch.

I will see what I can do. The wires to and from the rad fan switch I think are orange on the OE setup, earths should still be black and I think the live from alternator is brown to pin 30 on the relay. The rad fan live is still red

fossie
19-12-2012, 14:13

Sounds stupid but how do you know the numbers on the relay. My fan is wired right and the red goes into the relay.

In fact I wonder if they hav been disconnected totally from the relay as the green/yellow wires don't come from the relay.

James5
19-12-2012, 14:45

Sounds stupid but how do you know the numbers on the relay. My fan is wired right and the red goes into the relay.

In fact I wonder if they hav been disconnected totally from the relay as the green/yellow wires don't come from the relay.

Take relay out and the numbers should be stamped underneath you will also note my diagram and the pin angles on the relay that these should correspond to:agree:

Hopefully someone with an OE setup could put a pic up.

fossie
19-12-2012, 17:26

Well the way set up is at the moment is as follows
Orange wire from fan switch to relay.
Yellow/green wire from switch to + on alternator.
All the other wires seem to be wired correctly.
If someone can confirm if this is right.

andyrg
19-12-2012, 18:24
Subscribed lol

fossie
19-12-2012, 18:58
Love you man

fossie
19-12-2012, 20:27
Cheers for the diagram James. I think ill start from scratch with a new relay. Should be simple enough and just wire direct to the battery as per your diagram.