PDA

View Full Version : whyte146

gardner51
17-12-2012, 19:06
Bought an exhaust system as he said it was 2 1/4

turned up and its 2"

tried telling me i wouldnt notice the difference

he did say i could send it back and i would be refunded but this way id lose out on postage!

Just be carefull what you buy!

Elliott

Whyte146
18-12-2012, 16:12
Where exactly did I say that I would not refund postage? You assume too much. Watch what you say, as some of the things you are commenting are liable and will be dealt with as such.

robx1r
18-12-2012, 16:16
mate i'm sorry but i dont see where there is a libel issue here?

Whyte146
18-12-2012, 16:17
Also considering the humans G sensors are contained within the inner ear and work on a fluid medium, without a sensor, I suggest it would be difficult to notice the difference between a 2" and 2.25" system. Unless you have a degree in flow dynamics? Surely the flow of an exhaust is not just terminal by volume, but also by the convolutions in it?

Yet again someone moaning, despite the fact I was quite happy to take the exhaust back and fully refund.
:disagree:

Besides the fella has sold it on!

Whyte146
18-12-2012, 16:18
Some young pup stating in writing that he would be out of pocket, when I had clearly stated that I would take the exhaust back! Obviously if I took it back I am liable for the postage costs!

Whyte146
18-12-2012, 16:20
Besides I'm looking for trouble.:cooter:

gardner51
18-12-2012, 16:22
Lol! You sold me a exhaust knowing it wasn't a 2 1/4

You told me you measured it.

Then in another pm you said "fairly sure it's a 2 1/4

I am stating facts with what you have said.

You told me I would be refunded. Yes if u have me back what I paid is still be 15 plus short,

If u was going to give me what I paid plus my postage cost back to you. You could have said. Rather then a short "well send it back then"

Elliott

Romil Davda
18-12-2012, 16:31
TBH, I would be a little upset if I bought an exhaust which was being sold as 2 1/4" but turned out to only be 2"... :scratch:

And if I sold an item which was mis-labled, then it would be my respnsibility to make sure the person buying the item is not out of pocket, as its my mistake for listing the item wrong! :eek:

Only my 2 pence mind

car.crash
18-12-2012, 16:42
Also considering the humans G sensors are contained within the inner ear

I'm sure the G sensors are elsewhere?

Trevhib
18-12-2012, 17:22
Also considering the humans G sensors are contained within the inner ear and work on a fluid medium, without a sensor, I suggest it would be difficult to notice the difference between a 2" and 2.25" system. Unless you have a degree in flow dynamics? Surely the flow of an exhaust is not just terminal by volume, but also by the convolutions in it?

Obviously if I took it back I am liable for the postage costs!

Utterly irrelevant. He wanted a 2.25" exhaust and the one you had for sale was 2". It doesn't matter whether the difference is perceptible or not.

Good on you for offering to refund including the postage, although I'm not sure why it would be obvious that you would pick up the return postage if that wasn't made clear. It's usually the other way round in my experience.

What a waste of everyone's time simply due to a poorly described item. I'd just hold my hand up and say 'my bad' rather than being flippant.

gardner51
18-12-2012, 17:27
he didnt offer to pay the return postage? not untill i put this thread up,

now i still have the exhaust as i cant sell it as it never came with a collar to mount it to the downpipe,

Elliott

Trevhib
18-12-2012, 18:58
Hence why I said I didn't know why he thought it would be obvious purely on the basis of a refund. I'm with you on it.

Whyte146
19-12-2012, 07:38
TBH, I would be a little upset if I bought an exhaust which was being sold as 2 1/4" but turned out to only be 2"... :scratch:

And if I sold an item which was mis-labled, then it would be my respnsibility to make sure the person buying the item is not out of pocket, as its my mistake for listing the item wrong! :eek:

Only my 2 pence mind

Exactly my responsibility to ensure buyer is not out of pocket.

Exhaust collars are readily available, I did not include it as one of the springs was missing and it was misshaped.

It's my human rights to be flippant as there is sweet FA that you lot can do to stop me, unless you are looking for trouble? if so bring it on.

Slammed 66
19-12-2012, 08:24
there is sweet FA that you lot can do to stop me, unless you are looking for trouble? if so bring it on.

That's the attitude! :sad2:

You're not going to make many friends like that Darren. Best thing to do is appologise graciously, offer a refund and move on. Simples.

Ross

James5
19-12-2012, 08:45

You're not going to make many friends like that Darren. Best thing to do is appologise graciously, offer a refund and move on. Simples.

Ross

Agree with Ross, you are not going to make friends on here with an attitude like that. Give the chap the full refund including postage apologies and that's the end of the matter. This thread did not need to go the way it has all you needed to do was post an apology and full refund and no one else would have thought anything of it.

Mis-selling and item under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 ring's a bell here

cough cough are you related to raidergtt another one with an attitude like yourself. Just no need for it

JRP
19-12-2012, 09:14
Agree with Ross, you are not going to make friends on here with an attitude like that. Give the chap the full refund including postage apologies and that's the end of the matter. This thread did not need to go the way it has all you needed to do was post an apology and full refund and no one else would have thought anything of it.

cough cough are you related to raidergtt another one with an attitude like yourself. Just no need for it

Well pointed out James sale of goods act.

Mart
19-12-2012, 09:15
Good to see the festive cheer is rife & abundant on rtoc :D

Trevhib
19-12-2012, 09:23
It's my human rights to be flippant as there is sweet FA that you lot can do to stop me, unless you are looking for trouble? if so bring it on.

When I read this I laughed out loud first, then I shook my head, then in all honesty I was quite sad.

Whyte146
19-12-2012, 09:25

Ross

I agree, and that's what I did offer. What gets my back up is that this person then decides to sell it someone else and bad mouth me.

I had offered a full refund, obviously it is my responsibility to pay return postage.

Then other people put their comments on, which has nothing to do with them, they don't know me. I am not getting tarred with the same brush as other people, and I will fight my corner, physically if needs be. I am not getting bad mouthed period. If people don't like what I say, don't read the thread and DON'T comment.

Whyte146
19-12-2012, 09:28

Sale of goods act? Would be apparent IF I HAD NOT OFFERED A REFUND.

No need for you to put your nose in, no I am not related to anyone on here thanks.

If you don't like what I say, tough, the thread refers to me, so I will comment as I see fit, you don't know me, so keep out.

Sir Mod
19-12-2012, 09:28
I agree, and that's what I did offer. What gets my back up is that this person then decides to sell it someone else and bad mouth me.

I had offered a full refund, obviously it is my responsibility to pay return postage.

Then other people put their comments on, which has nothing to do with them, they don't know me. I am not getting tarred with the same brush as other people, and I will fight my corner, physically if needs be. I am not getting bad mouthed period. If people don't like what I say, don't read the thread and DON'T comment.

I would just like to point out your comments are being watched!!

The statement of "and I will fight my corner, physically if needs be", could be taken as a threat of violence which could see you banned from RTOC!!

Whyte146
19-12-2012, 09:36
Oh my days, did I say I was threatening you? No, if I was threatening you the comment would be directed at you. I don't know you, why would I threaten you?

Im merely commenting, if someone came up to me, bad mouthing, I would defend myself. I think some people are trying to be rent-a-cops and jumping on the bad wagon.

Ban me if you want, if you think that will help. I don't care, I enjoy my R5 and will continue to do so with or without the forum.

Whyte146
19-12-2012, 09:42
I do, they have a difficult job. Much respect to them, personally I think they should carry a side arm.

Try resisting arrest with a glock 17 stuffed in your face.

rs250nut
19-12-2012, 09:45
Good to see the festive cheer is rife & abundant on rtoc :D

More Rtoc gold..........

JRP
19-12-2012, 09:53
Well I wouldn't be naughty enough to have a glock into face or resist arrest. I'm not an idiot I'm on a wind up and turning the key and must I add my morning is now a happy one.

TopCat
19-12-2012, 09:54
More Rtoc gold..........

Agreed. Impeccable timing from Mart.

JRP
19-12-2012, 09:55
Agreed. Impeccable timing from Mart.

As always :D

Trevhib
19-12-2012, 10:20
Try resisting arrest with a glock 17 stuffed in your face.

Brilliant. Let's arm more of the police to make their job of when to use them even harder whilst increasing the number of De Menezes tragedies.

Nobody here knows you, you're right there but we are all getting the impression that you're a very angry man.

Whyte146
19-12-2012, 10:26
I'm not angry sir, just been disrespected. So naturally my hackles are up
,:scratch:

Slammed 66
19-12-2012, 10:27
Nobody here knows you, you're right there but we are all getting the impression that you're a very angry little boy.

Fixed it for you. :agree:

Whyte146
19-12-2012, 11:13
I wrote in to Sir Jimmy, but he never replied.

TopCat
19-12-2012, 11:53
He fixed it for me when I was 8 to milk a cow blindfolded

JRP
19-12-2012, 12:03
He fixed it for me when I was 8 to milk a cow blindfolded
Russle Howard show had that on last night lol

gardner51
19-12-2012, 13:02
I haven't sold it on I said I was going to.

You said " well send it back then"

This clearly shows you was going to pay the return postage?

I haven't bad mouthed you atall? All I have done is told the truth?

JRP
19-12-2012, 13:17
Confine this to pm's and make the committee aware. Bickering

Alex
19-12-2012, 13:58
This is all a bit silly and unfortunate. :rolleyes:

gardner51 hasn't sold the exhaust - good that means it can be sent back. I think you should pack it up and send it back to Whyte146.

Whyte146 - you should refund like you've offered plus the cost of the postage as you have obviously described the item incorrectly. Please take time to make sure anything you sell on here is as it's described, see RTOC classifieds rules.

:sad2:

Trevhib
19-12-2012, 14:35
:agree:

BILLY-R5GTT
19-12-2012, 15:17
Stuff like this could be dealt with by either PM's or phone calls, there's no need to put it all over the club.

I know first hand how this can affect people's reputation and people get the wrong end of the stick and before you know it it's well out of hand.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-12-2012, 15:44
So what your saying is there is no need for a positive/negative feedback section?
Bollox to that! I want to know if someone is a lying Cnut before I part with my hard earned cash for anything!!! Much like eBay, members should display negative/positive points to see how trustworthy they are.

Or...... Simply have NO classifieds section at all.... Then see how many members register to the forum, it would be like a phucking ghost town on here.

TopCat
19-12-2012, 16:07
Personally I think everything should be sold on eBay. At least then your slightly protected and can view feedback.

Advertise what your selling on here but use eBay with a buy it now to sell it. Then everybody is happy.

Simples and saves all the agg for everyone.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-12-2012, 16:09
eBay is just as bad.... If we did that the eBay fees make them even more money.

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-12-2012, 16:10
Personally I think everything should be sold on eBay. At least then your slightly protected and can view feedback.

Advertise what your selling on here but use eBay with a buy it now to sell it. Then everybody is happy.

Simples and saves all the agg for everyone.

Has been mentioned a few times, end of the day rtoc has a classifieds, helps get members to join the club/stay in the club... So pro's and cons...

We have rules in place to try and protect members, but as with a lot of Internet buying its a case of buyer beware....

BILLY-R5GTT
19-12-2012, 16:15
Your one of the first people to point a finger (Matt) after being told half a story and jumping to conclusions, see there you go on your high horse again...

What I am trying to say is people who make a genuine mistake when selling something get made out to be lying cnuts and scammers by people like yourself when it's plastered all over the club.

You'd think you were the only one who went out and made an honest living and bought second hand goods...

I totally agree about the positive and negative feedback but lets get all the facts right first.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-12-2012, 16:22
Bloody right! And a very high horse it is too.:cooter:

This is just trolling now, such a shame.

Dave Reed
19-12-2012, 16:27
Personally I dont think anyone should post other than the person's concerned in the sale... They all turn into this, which quite frankly is a joke..

SO basically, keep your thought/comments to yourselfs unless your involved! Simple.

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-12-2012, 16:30
This is my high horse
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NDhHq2KZsCs/TTF_3TqxLuI/AAAAAAAAAXE/8Lx2LbUiIPs/s1600/high%2Bhorse.jpg

Slammed 66
19-12-2012, 16:38
Damn!

That is high! :cool:

BILLY-R5GTT
19-12-2012, 16:43
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TopCat
19-12-2012, 16:44
Downsized lately then?? ;)

Alex
19-12-2012, 17:31
Please stop horsing around :cooter:

Mart
19-12-2012, 17:52
Please stop horsing around :cooter:

Naaay :D

Although it is all a load of old pony *groan*

Trevhib
21-12-2012, 10:31
It's just impossible to resolve these things when people get the bit between their teeth.

:dearme: :D

Trevhib
21-12-2012, 10:36
Personally I dont think anyone should post other than the person's concerned in the sale... They all turn into this, which quite frankly is a joke..

This is true. Perhaps the club should make a rule and put some sanction against the breaking of it.

All posts from members who are not directly related to that specific sale* will be deleted (in all cases except site moderator intervention) and then the offenders sanctioned (unless there are genuine mitigating circumstances).

*when there are multiple buyers using the same classified advert (like when a list of parts is available on the same advert), this still counts as a separate sale for each buyer.

Anyone else who has a grievance with the same buyer/seller and who hadn't previously spoken up, should start their own thread. OK we'll have the odd multiple thread for the same bad buyer/seller which isn't the best but with club numbers as they are it shouldn't be a problem.

Who in the committee is going to take this on?

chris
21-12-2012, 10:46
This is true. Perhaps the club should make a rule and put some sanction against the breaking of it.

All posts from members who are not directly related to that specific sale* will be deleted (in all cases except site moderator intervention) and then the offenders sanctioned (unless there are genuine mitigating circumstances).

*when there are multiple buyers using the same classified advert (like when a list of parts is available on the same advert), this still counts as a separate sale for each buyer.

Anyone else who has a grievance with the same buyer/seller and who hadn't previously spoken up, should start their own thread. OK we'll have the odd multiple thread for the same bad buyer/seller which isn't the best but with club numbers as they are it shouldn't be a problem.

Who in the committee is going to take this on?

Thing is look at the thread its normaley the same people that get involved you dont need the comitee to get involved just apply some common sense if it dont concern you and you dont know exactly the circumstances who are we to judge and that goes for us all

Ian S
21-12-2012, 11:07
Who in the committee is going to take this on?None of the remaining few of us have time to police the boards all the time.

And this suggestion has been discussed a few times.

Sometimes it's useful to have experienced members chip in to a disagreement. Each case needs to looked at on it's own.

Some people do just do it for sport and entertainment.

Ian S
21-12-2012, 11:15
All posts from members who are not directly related to that specific sale* MAY be deleted (in all cases except site moderator intervention) and then the offenders sanctioned (by the giving of points) (unless there are genuine mitigating circumstances).How often does this happen that it need rules like this? And someone's time taken to apply them.

Anyone else who has a grievance with the same buyer/seller and who hadn't previously spoken up, should start their own thread. OK we'll have the odd multiple thread for the same bad buyer/seller which isn't the best but with club numbers as they are it shouldn't be a problem.Sometimes though they ad weight and pressure to get the situation resolved where there is yet another problem with a same miscreant scoundrel of a seller.

This is the negative feedback section after all rather than the advert section.

With this current thread the problem is inadequate communication. If the buyer had sent a PM saying "does the refund include return postage" or the seller had sent one saying "that includes return postage" this thread may not have happened.

It looks like the seller has intentionally mis sold. Then in response to the grievance was dismissive, then argumentative. A better attitude would simply have been to say at the beginning "yes I will pay the return postage". The seller is clearly not sorry for mis-selling and then attempted to mis-lead the buyer that the small exhaust would not perform any differently to the large one. We can assume that the seller hoped the buyer was going to simply pay the return postage and did not intend to offer unless the buyer complained.

It's not clear to me whether further posts were flippant humour or meaningful further dismissiveness and an attempt to deflect from the facts. "nothing you lot can do", yes there is, as has been pointed out.

Just reading it again and post no. 2 is threatening. Right from the off, bullying the seller with bullsh1t about libel.

Gives the impression of either someone with very serious insecurity issues or the impression of an experienced but not very good swindler.

IMO it's fair to assume that return postage is not included unless stated, especially where an item appears to have been intentionally sold with wrong details. One immediately assumes that getting the money back will be a problem and involve some unpleasantness.

We won't ban you from the club over something like this, although we have for repeat offenders, but we could ban you from use of the classifieds.

Trevhib
21-12-2012, 11:35
Thing is look at the thread its normaley the same people that get involved you dont need the comitee to get involved just apply some common sense if it dont concern you and you dont know exactly the circumstances who are we to judge and that goes for us all

Who are the people that normally get involved? Are you happy to say?

And if there is a repeated pattern what makes you think it's going to change without intervention, when as Ian points out this has been discussed before and yet we have the status quo.

Trevhib
21-12-2012, 11:38
None of the remaining few of us have time to police the boards all the time.

And this suggestion has been discussed a few times.

Sometimes it's useful to have experienced members chip in to a disagreement. Each case needs to looked at on it's own.

Some people do just do it for sport and entertainment.

The committee issue and board moderators issue is a separate problem.

I agree that others chipping in is sometimes useful but on balance I'd say it would be much better to do without that in order to get rid of the destructive element.

An open conversation between the two parties is often enlightening enough for everyone else to make their own decisions as to who's to blame and whether or not to deal with that person/s in the future.

chris
21-12-2012, 14:01
Who are the people that normally get involved? Are you happy to say?

And if there is a repeated pattern what makes you think it's going to change without intervention, when as Ian points out this has been discussed before and yet we have the status quo.

Dont realy want to start pointing fingers trev but there definatly people that enjoy an argument. What i mean refrence a commitee we are grown adults we manage to get by in the real world and day to day without a commitee keeping us safe. Its just all to easy to get behind a computer and have a go at someone but in a face to face situation they probley wouldnt be so quick to have a go

Trevhib
21-12-2012, 14:14
I know mate, it was rhetorical tbh.

I just mean you're asking people who enjoy something that's less than helpful to simply stop doing it. Experience says that's never going to happen on RTOC.

So you're left with two options. Let it continue (in which case there's no point complaining about it), or put a rule in place and enforce it. Having the committee do such a thing is hardly oppressive.

Brizza
21-12-2012, 18:48
My lord.... Just read all this farce, If i was a potentiol member looking to join up and had just read this it would pretty much certainly put me off joining...

More like an episode of Brookside! (for those who can remember it?)

:crap:

Flight666
21-12-2012, 19:44
"Just read all this farce, If i was a potentiol member looking to join up and had just read this it would pretty much certainly put me off joining."

Couldn`t agree more not sure it`s worth the £35 and will be having 2nd thoughts about re-newing when it runs out..

Nad-5GTT
21-12-2012, 20:37
"Just read all this farce, If i was a potentiol member looking to join up and had just read this it would pretty much certainly put me off joining."

Couldn`t agree more not sure it`s worth the £35 and will be having 2nd thoughts about re-newing when it runs out..

To be fair it will only cost you £10 to renew, excellent value for all this entertainment that is dished out on a regular basis IMHO :laugh:

Flight666
21-12-2012, 20:50
Well if your`e not on the recieving end, for a tenner it`s cheaper than SKY so I see your point..:)

Tony Walker
21-12-2012, 22:25
To be fair it will only cost you £10 to renew, excellent value for all this entertainment that is dished out on a regular basis IMHO :laugh:

:agree::laugh:

Tony Walker
21-12-2012, 22:27
My lord.... Just read all this farce, If i was a potentiol member looking to join up and had just read this it would pretty much certainly put me off joining...

More like an episode of Brookside! (for those who can remember it?)

:crap:

Off topic but my friend used to be in brookside hes also married to a lady that used to be in holyoaks. Shes actually on the asda christmas advert at the mo. lol as im typing this shes on tele lol

djinuk
28-12-2012, 00:23
Hi Whyte, just wondering if you have managed to send my oil cooler yet ?

Thank you

cooler arrived today

Jimmy_GTT
12-02-2013, 11:35
I post my first negative feedback.

I've bought a set of Eibach springs from Whitey146 at the beginning of last December but I still haven't received them. Beginning of January he wrote me that the packet has been returned to him as it was damaged a bit. And so he asked to refund or resend? I asked him to resend it. I still haven't received anything. Since that he is not answering to my e-mails or PMs, and I'm out of the time to raise a claim on PayPal.

I just can not understand. We re talking about 35 pounds...
It was my first negative experience here. :sad2:

Jimmy_GTT
27-02-2013, 07:10
I've just received back the money. Thanks for that!

Penfold aka The Dealer
27-02-2013, 07:43
I've just received back the money. Thanks for that!

thats good, The club banned Whyte146 for 10 days to get his attention as he had not replied to pm's....

Alex
28-02-2013, 10:24
Glad it's sorted :agree:

gardner51
28-02-2013, 10:29
Good that you got your money back and not out of pocket,