PDA

View Full Version : 2wd cosworth intercooler?

StuHERTS
16-12-2012, 19:54
Hi All, i've seen the above for sale,
If i'm running a standard T2, std carb/cam up to 16psi
Is a 2wd Cosworth intercooler better than mine and how high a psi could i use it with?
Attached a pic of mine & the one ive seen..
Thanks

TNT ANDY
16-12-2012, 19:59
Hi All, i've seen the above for sale,
If i'm running a standard T2, std carb/cam up to 16psi
Is a 2wd Cosworth intercooler better than mine and how high a psi could i use it with?
Attached a pic of mine & the one ive seen..
Thanks

I've pumped mine up to 50psi with no issues.

Apart from the bung popping out @ mach 2 and almost killing me.

It will be fine for every day R5 boosting

StuHERTS
16-12-2012, 20:05
I've pumped mine up to 50psi with no issues.

Apart from the bung popping out @ mach 2 and almost killing me.

It will be fine for every day R5 boosting

Cheers Andy..
I'm more trying to clear/tidy up the bay..
Just read on cosworth site they're pretty safe up to 18-21psi..

r5_scotty
16-12-2012, 22:03
i have a cossi cooler for 20 quid which iv started work on but have now brought a new setup. if your interested pm me nd i will send pics:agree:

StuHERTS
17-12-2012, 09:05
i have a cossi cooler for 20 quid which iv started work on but have now brought a new setup. if your interested pm me nd i will send pics:agree:

Thats how much im paying, (well paid) for the cooler..
I just need the pipes to install it,
are these ok?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-25-57-mm-UNIVERSAL-8-PIECE-ALLOY-ALUMINIUM-TURBO-BOOST-INTERCOOLER-PIPE-KIT-/170957608416?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27cdde15e0

StuHERTS
08-05-2013, 14:40
Guys im stuck in a rut,
I've got it all on & piped up, runs fine.
But cant get my bumper back on :eek:,
Does anyone else have one installed that can tell me if they needed to chop a section of the bumper out? I have about another inch to push it back until its flush with the cross-member but if i do, the pipes get all kinked against the mounts.

Nottswoody
08-05-2013, 16:26
Guys im stuck in a rut,
I've got it all on & piped up, runs fine.
But cant get my bumper back on :eek:,
Does anyone else have one installed that can tell me if they needed to chop a section of the bumper out? I have about another inch to push it back until its flush with the cross-member but if i do, the pipes get all kinked against the mounts.

If its really a 4x4 then yer it's a bitch and I mean bitch to fit

StuHERTS
08-05-2013, 17:40
If its really a 4x4 then yer it's a bitch and I mean bitch to fit

2WD, and this is a Bitch,
for me anyway! LOL

Logg
08-05-2013, 17:45
That looks like a 4x4 cooler to me.

I know BigDanC fitted his behind a stock bumper but we had to trim behind the bumper and give the cross member a slight shave but nothing structural.

StuHERTS
17-05-2013, 10:20
That looks like a 4x4 cooler to me.

I know BigDanC fitted his behind a stock bumper but we had to trim behind the bumper and give the cross member a slight shave but nothing structural.

You were right! it is a 4WD and ive chopped bits off my cross member mounts etc and the bumper still wont go on, problem is, this 4WD is leaking air so im picking up a 2WD today or tomorrow.

Question is, how much better (if any) is a front mounted 2WD compared to my current single core Alloy in pic at the top?
Is it worth just putting my old one back on.

Nottswoody
17-05-2013, 10:23
For your boost stu keep your old one

Nottswoody
17-05-2013, 10:25
You were right! it is a 4WD and ive chopped bits off my cross member mounts etc and the bumper still wont go on, problem is, this 4WD is leaking air so im picking up a 2WD today or tomorrow.

Question is, how much better (if any) is a front mounted 2WD compared to my current single core Alloy in pic at the top?
Is it worth just putting my old one back on.

Stu I never cut my member I just shaved the inside of the bumper to an inch of its life.. Looks don't bother me boost dose :) it went on eventually

StuHERTS
17-05-2013, 11:12
For your boost stu keep your old one

yea there doesn't really seem much difference in the mass area between the 2 so assumed not much difference?
plus my number plate is blocking a small section of the front bumper/grill.

I'll keep an eye out for a double, clean and open up the grooves and put mine back on.

Ill be saving myself £55 for another 2WD.

Wallace
17-05-2013, 11:30
yea there doesn't really seem much difference in the mass area between the 2 so assumed not much difference?
plus my number plate is blocking a small section of the front bumper/grill.

I'll keep an eye out for a double, clean and open up the grooves and put mine back on.

Ill be saving myself £55 for another 2WD.

Ive got a GT Tuning 'breadbin' that im considering selling as i doubt ill do anything to mine this year......just an option for you!

But the intercooler owes me £100 just so your aware:agree:

StuHERTS
17-05-2013, 11:39
Ive got a GT Tuning 'breadbin' that im considering selling as i doubt ill do anything to mine this year......just an option for you!

But the intercooler owes me £100 just so your aware:agree:
:eek: :scratch:
Installments?
:laugh:

J$£5GTT
18-05-2013, 15:27
id keep the oe or DC for now,this will be a waste of time,2wd cossie cooler aint much difference in capacity at all.
:)

Nottswoody
18-05-2013, 16:29
I honestly couldn't tell a difference between my pace and my 4x4 bud.. Now I'm at 21pound I'm not so sure seems to handle it fine so far.