PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

GaryS
16-12-2012, 19:39
Hello people im after a little help with my newly fitted engine, the bloody wiring :(

Any ideas what this is? it a black relay with just an earth wire and a black single wire off it, it runs off one of the other relays.

I tried starting it for the first time, im only getting fuel but no power to the injectors and no spark.

Any ideas? :)

Bigfoot
16-12-2012, 20:19
Thats an aftermarket relay/fuse block so could be for anything really.

James5
16-12-2012, 23:32
Gary as per pms think prob is the mk1 phase 2 ecu they are immobilised hence most peeps use phase 1 ecu as no immobiliser i wonder if its possible to get the decoder / key for the setup:agree:

if you have a phase 1 ecu already - Crank sensor / tdc would more than likely be the lack of spark fault (work backwards from sparkies to eliminate HT system also is the coil earthed ok), also swap your fuel lines around as noticed in pic you have them piped up wrong:agree:, this will hopefully be the reason injectors not firing fuel. Did you here the injectors clicking when trying to start car?

5teve L
17-12-2012, 09:04
100% need a phase 1 ecu, either off a 19 or a clio, they both work, typical, I just sold mine on ebay last week.

GaryS
17-12-2012, 21:21
I have been told that if a ecu has been chipped then it deactivates the immobiliser

GaryS
17-12-2012, 21:23
So if the ecu is fine then it should work, but it dont wanna :disagree:

GaryS
17-12-2012, 21:24
Oh and one more thing that relay is for my charge cooler pump :)

5teve L
18-12-2012, 08:38
Oh, maybe then, didn't know you had a chipped ECU, must be wiring or a relay then, IIRC the injectors run off a seperate one, not sure why you don't have spark though. I thought the immpb cut the spark & injectors, but it has been a while.

Have you looked at the wiring codes that myself & James de-cyphered & Foxy's connector block image ?

James5
18-12-2012, 08:49
Oh, maybe then, didn't know you had a chipped ECU, must be wiring or a relay then, IIRC the injectors run off a seperate one, not sure why you don't have spark though. I thought the immpb cut the spark & injectors, but it has been a while.

Have you looked at the wiring codes that myself & James de-cyphered & Foxy's connector block image ?

:agree: Steve immobiliser does cut spark and injector's.

Gary was about to reply to your pm but thought it may be useful for other's so in the thread it goes:cooter::agree:

all 4 injectors have have a 12v feed from the fuel pump relay(pin5 of the relay), pin 1 on each injector is the feed to them, pin 2 of each injector is the -control wires which are all linked back to pin 20 and 21 of the ecu, the ecu needs to see that the injection locking relay is also working, pin 5 of that relay feeds the ecu when its activated.

if your certain the injectors are not firing (have you removed a spark plug to see if wet with fuel) then you really need to make sure both relays are working, if the fuel pump is working as you said then will only take 2secs to swap the relays about, as said there could be a earthing issue or the loom has shorted/corroded through etc

btw both relays should have a after ignition feed to pin 1, and permanent feed to pin 3, pin 2 of each relay is connected to the ecu

fuel pump relay..
pin 1 = after ignition 12v feed
pin 2 = control wire to ecu
pin 3 = permanent 12v feed
pin 5 = +12v feed to injectors/fuel pump etc (only if relay is activated)

injection locking relay.
pin 1 = after ignition 12v feed
pin 2 = control wire to ecu
pin 3 = permanent 12v feed
pin 5 = +12v feed to ecu (only if relay is activated)

injectors.
pin 1 = 12v feed from relay
pin 2 = control wires to pin 20 +21 of ecu

worth trying another TDC sensosor aswell no TDC signal no spark and no injector's either, I have some spares that I can send to you let me have a dig about tonight for thing's that maybe useful to you:agree:

http://www.rtoc.org/files/index.php?path=Technical%20Files/James5%20Folder%20of%20stuff/F7p%20turbo%20conversion/

GaryS
22-12-2012, 18:26
Ok whats this relay for? when i have my ignition on it clicks every 20 seconds or so.

James5
24-12-2012, 09:23
Ok whats this relay for? when i have my ignition on it clicks every 20 seconds or so.

Isn't that the wiper relay or something along those line's.

I am stumped not sure what the problem can be other than wiring fault if ECU Is a 19 16v phase 1 version as they are not immobilised. Ignore all relays's under the dash now matey as they should be fine as none touched for wiring other than fuel pump activation wire. To get it to run it's only a few wires needed:agree:, you need to concentrate on the clio engine loom and clio relay's. So fuel pump primes (Clio fuel pump relay click's?), engine cranks on starter? ECU has power? Did you try another TDC sensor? Just no spark and no injectors firing still? Is there signal coming out of the ECU? Is the valver coil pack earth'd ok? I would be putting fault down to TDC / Crank sensor or immobilised ECU would be worth getting a new one to eliminate fault:agree: Are the relay's all ok ?? as there is a relay for the injectors aswell that is activated by the fuel pump relay?? is there defo power to the other injectors once fuel pump relay activated?

You got enough battery charge?

GaryS
24-12-2012, 10:38
Is there a way of 100 percent knowing if the ecu has power?

Right,
Fuel Pump is firing up
All relays good
Good battery

Will check on earths.

I just want to make it 100 percent sure, the tdc plug comes off the branch of the loom which goes to the alt, rad, oil level plug ect??? No hidden plug for the tdc is there? :confused:

5teve L
24-12-2012, 10:48
Phase 2 R19 ecu will be the same as the clio, immobilised & coded.
& the relay is wiper I think, check your rear wiper isn't on..

GaryS
24-12-2012, 11:04
Wiper would make sence.

Coops mate Dan who i got the engine off said the the ecu isnt coded :crap:

James5
24-12-2012, 11:13
Phase 2 R19 ecu will be the same as the clio, immobilised & coded.
& the relay is wiper I think, check your rear wiper isn't on..

Steve out of interest what are they immobilised ECU's coded to?? is it just the key? or is it something else?? like a black box thing on the 172's

http://www.promotron.com/list/renault.htm

http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40211&hilit=immobilised+ecu&start=15

5teve L
24-12-2012, 13:16
Steve out of interest what are they immobilised ECU's coded to?? is it just the key? or is it something else?? like a black box thing on the 172's

Don't know buddy, all I know is they don't work on different cars if they are phase 2. I thought that was why people used the phase 1 ecu's on 5's ??

It would have worked on a clio or 19 that is was meant for, as soon as it's removed it doesn't work. I think MArky Mark had a similar problem which was solved when he swapped ecu's ??

Unless when they are chipped it removes it & the wiring is wrong somewhere ??
James what was your ecu can you remember ?

James5
24-12-2012, 13:26
Don't know buddy, all I know is they don't work on different cars if they are phase 2. I thought that was why people used the phase 1 ecu's on 5's ??

It would have worked on a clio or 19 that is was meant for, as soon as it's removed it doesn't work. I think MArky Mark had a similar problem which was solved when he swapped ecu's ??

Unless when they are chipped it removes it & the wiring is wrong somewhere ??
James what was your ecu can you remember ?

I think Gary is looking for a std Phase 1 clio ecu or phase 1 19 16v ecu to try out and see if it makes a difference.

Mine was a phase 1 valver 105 a I think it was but I do remember your 19 16v working on mine aswell:agree:

I have an clio ECU at home I will see what it is if it's phase 1 Gary i will post it to you:agree:

http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35658

5teve L
24-12-2012, 13:30
I think Gary is looking for a std Phase 1 clio ecu or phase 1 19 16v ecu to try out and see if it makes a difference.

Mine was a phase 1 valver 105 a I think it was but I do remember your 19 16v working on mine aswell:agree:

I have an clio ECU at home I will see what it is if it's phase 1 Gary i will post it to you:agree:

http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35658

Yes my 19 ecu was a phase 1

GaryS
24-12-2012, 14:12
so soon as they are unplugged from the engine loom they become immobilised?

5teve L
24-12-2012, 14:40
so soon as they are unplugged from the engine loom they become immobilised?

I think there must be another box of tricks in the clio/19 loom maybe, I'm not sure, all I know is phase 2 ecu's aren't interchangable between vehicles. Chipped ones may, or may not be different.