PDA

View Full Version : 5 Campus F7p Conversion

inkubus91
16-12-2012, 19:11
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Haven't Had any luck in finding a good c1j, had to look for something else, and i found a clio 1.8 16v for parts. going to take a look tomorrow.

What do i need for the conversion ? ex. Mounts etc...

cheers, Kris

CoooL
16-12-2012, 19:47
mounts of a GTX 1,7 (front on engine), the others should fit.
an engine loom from the 1,7 makes it easier to fit all sensors etc for the dails,
the loom from the clio.
radiator, pipes. etc

inkubus91
16-12-2012, 20:00

mounts of a GTX 1,7 (front on engine), the others should fit.
an engine loom from the 1,7 makes it easier to fit all sensors etc for the dails,
the loom from the clio.
radiator, pipes. etc

Cheers,
Can I modify the front mount? cause gtx mounts are kind of difficult to find? and what about the gearbox and shafts?

CoooL
16-12-2012, 20:05

Cheers,
Can I modify the front mount? cause gtx mounts are kind of difficult to find? and what about the gearbox and shafts?

I dunno if you can modify the mount, else german ebay could be a source, from a GTE (a GTT with a 1,7l engine with efi and no turbo) , Gearbox from the clio is a direct fit, you'd need shafts from a GTT, and maybe the hubs to, but not sure on that part..

Iv'e just converted my 1,7 GTE with an engine from a 1,8 clio RSI..

SCHWARTZ
16-12-2012, 20:27
Yes you can redrill the front mount done it on my b18ft same block basicly.

inkubus91
16-12-2012, 20:35

Yes you can redrill the front mount done it on my b18ft same block basicly.

Thanks, some other forum threads about the conversion, looked like thay used the campus driveshafts... can i use the current ones or upgrade them to gtt ones?

SCHWARTZ
16-12-2012, 21:07
As you have it all there I would use the valver swing arms, anti roll bar, drive shafts and hubs. Will give you a wider track and be stronger than gtt gear. You will need to redrill the shock tower for the strut top to be further out otherwise you will have silly camber. Then you can use the valver or gtt box which ever is better;)