PDA

View Full Version : couriers

jesus in the seat of a 5
12-12-2012, 20:15
right ladies and gents, whomb can help ole jesus out, i have some seats to get to jack in staffordshire, sadie has tried a courier and theyve failed to pick up twice....:sad2:, can anyone reccomend someplace or is anyone coming past bristol to staffordshire..:laugh:;) and need fuel money....:agree:, thanks....jesus.

Ian S
12-12-2012, 20:35
I just sent an item use Parcel to go which found a sevice called something like: MyHermes drop off at a local shop.

Basically, you submit the sizes, weigh and insurance value and print the label and drop them off at the designated local shop and they collect from there.

Seats are large, there is a limit on size.

jesus in the seat of a 5
12-12-2012, 20:42
cheers ian..... so i drop the seats off at the charity shop and they pick um up...:laugh:, anyone else......................:laugh::scratch:

Ian S
12-12-2012, 21:04
Click (https://www.myhermes.co.uk/wps/portal/PN_CTR/Home/parcelshopfinder/#hermespsf_search=Weston%20Super%20mare)
Zoom out a bit. Two collection shops in Weston Super mare and one others.

Click (https://www.myhermes.co.uk/wps/portal/PN_CTR/Home/check-parcel-size/!ut/p/b1/04_SjzQ0NTExMzE0NTXWj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOLdjQ 1CHZ0MHQ0sTLydDDxdQgOcTd0DjEzCDPQjgQrMcSsw1Q_RjzAw iQ_OqizwDgku8fZJNg_Mqiwv8M42DqsyDgsNcwx0jApPdCsoV1 TUD9ePxG9YbpR7WaWjoiIAPNbpIQ!!/?content=Check%20Parcel%20Size)
"What is the maximum size and/or weight of each individual parcel?
The maximum weight of each individual parcel is 15kg, and the maximum length is 1.2m. Please use our helpful calculation tool to check your parcel is within our limits."

Moggy
12-12-2012, 22:08
if u can get them secured on a pallet mate.... i can get the girls in work to get you a price.... I work for a pallet del company

I'd just need postcodes, weight and size and I can ask the question

Moggy
12-12-2012, 22:12
or try this mate

https://www.palletline.co.uk/customers/new_quote.asp

can't say it will be the cheapest..... but we're the best :D:sad2:

think the basic service is 3 day... but might be 2 day for palletline online

gttjames
13-12-2012, 10:44
Over the last 2 years iv used parcel2go about 40-50 times - i tried myhermes or whatever its called for about 5 things and they lost 3 out the 5.

using dhl/yodel for the rest of the items went alot better

car.crash
13-12-2012, 11:28
Pm sent

Ian S
13-12-2012, 12:32
Conversely, Yodel, I think it was, claimed to have tried to deliver here several times for one parcel over the span of a week. They didn't though as I was in a listening for them of two of the days. And during that time I had one or two other deliveries that got here first attempt.

I used Parcel to Go and that came up with MyHermes as being the cheapest for this item I just sent. It's tracked and there is a web page showing it's progress.

DPD is my favourite for receiving deliveries, they call when they say they will and send an email earlier in the day to say what hour time slot they'll be here.

car.crash
13-12-2012, 12:48
I always use parcel2go and that will bring up the main courier. Check their terms an conditions as each courier has different limits on cubic capacity and weight. I think you may struggle with the seats unless you can take the base off so the all lay flat.

Ricardo
13-12-2012, 13:25
You could try Paisley Freight, they do a pallet service and know a few people that have sent sets of 4 wheels with them

J$£5GTT
14-12-2012, 21:51
isnt there a place online where companies bid for your business?,think someone on here used that method?

Fishey
14-12-2012, 22:58
isnt there a place online where companies bid for your business?,think someone on here used that method?

Shiply I think it is.

jesus in the seat of a 5
15-12-2012, 08:06
thanks for the replys guys, im gonna try a pallet with moggies bunch i think, it was parcel2go we tried twice to no avail. i just wanna get them to young jack asap as he is trying to finish his car ....... does that ever happen..:laugh:

jesus in the seat of a 5
15-12-2012, 08:12
right , my mate says he can get them to worksop .....is that anywhere near shropshire?.....:scratch:, if not , jack , you could pick um up from here or some NICE rtoc member may drop them off up that way for you...come on club....club together..:D

modfather
15-12-2012, 10:51
you could try these people, they do loads of car parts couriering

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/

chris
15-12-2012, 10:59
Is that worksop nottingham mate ? If so no its not close but its getting closer lol where in shropshire is it goin i also live in shropshire

jesus in the seat of a 5
15-12-2012, 20:01
Is that worksop nottingham mate ? If so no its not close but its getting closer lol where in shropshire is it goin i also live in shropshire

Hi chris, its blurton, stoke on trent, staffordshire.