PDA

View Full Version : Super 5 Front Grill fit Phase 2

Numptysnumnuts
08-12-2012, 12:28
Have been offered a twin fog light front grill for a Super 5.

Firstly will it fit a Phase 2 Turbo bulkhead

Secondly would the fog lights be handed (i.e. set up for LHD/RHD) as this is sat on a car in Slovakia at the moment and I can only seem to find cars in Italy with these fitted.

markg
08-12-2012, 12:55
Dont believe fog lights are handed mate.

Trevhib
08-12-2012, 13:47
The bulk head is what separates the engine/bay from the interior of the car.

I think you mean will the grille fit the crossmember/front panel.

I'd be very surprised if that grille didn't fit a UK GTT. I think the 5's crossmember was the same for every model the world over.

I don't know definitively though.

Trevhib
08-12-2012, 13:55
Is it like this?

http://www.ledltuning.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Frontsch__rze_Re_4fb64a69b9e70.jpg

markg
08-12-2012, 15:36
Is it like this?

http://www.ledltuning.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Frontsch__rze_Re_4fb64a69b9e70.jpg

That doesnt look like a good idea to me. You are loosing around half the surface area for air to enter via the grill. Plus its fugly in my opinion.

Numptysnumnuts
08-12-2012, 16:18
Yes it does look like that and whilst it may look Fugly. I wasn't thinking of fitting it with the lights. Why cut holes in your bumper (create a weak spot) or remove a fog light for an air intake on an area thats close to the ground anyway. The grill is made with two cut outs so your not loosing any strength. Plus it has fixing points for the lights and therefore can utilise for vents.

As for my question about fog lights I asked because I was asked if I wanted them. Doesn't make any difference on the price.

s3irios
08-12-2012, 17:24
Yes it does look like that and whilst it may look Fugly. I wasn't thinking of fitting it with the lights. Why cut holes in your bumper (create a weak spot) or remove a fog light for an air intake on an area thats close to the ground anyway. The grill is made with two cut outs so your not loosing any strength. Plus it has fixing points for the lights and therefore can utilise for vents.

As for my question about fog lights I asked because I was asked if I wanted them. Doesn't make any difference on the price.

:agree::agree::agree:

Thundercat
09-12-2012, 00:24
I got the Hella phase 1 equivalent in the loft awaiting repair, not seen that version before. The one i have as spot lamps not fog lamps and there adjustable via mounting screws like the oe bumper fog lamps.