PDA

View Full Version : Running through winter blues!!

Nottswoody
05-12-2012, 11:44
So im running the 5 thorough the winter and this morning the Bloody starter motor frozen this morning had to heat it up before going to work. Don't think the carbon bonnet is helping. Dam you winter :)

Brigsy
05-12-2012, 12:39
Starter motor wont freeze mate...its probably duff power or batt.

Nottswoody
05-12-2012, 16:15
Starter motor wont freeze mate...its probably duff power or batt.

I forgot to mension I washed the engine down last night lol not the best thing I know

TopCat
05-12-2012, 16:18
My battery died in the cold yesterday. The cold is a c**t

Got a battery for £30 with a 5 year warranty.

bood
05-12-2012, 18:29
i also though how bad can it be so decided to stick it out in the winter

oh how wrong i was :cry:

i have been washing it loads to keep the salt a grime off it but that just means its a block of ice the next morning :laugh:

i am also having to get up earlier to start it while i finish off my :coffee:

any one got any good tricks for keeping the windscreen frost to a minimum?

Nottswoody
05-12-2012, 18:37
i also though how bad can it be so decided to stick it out in the winter

oh how wrong i was :cry:

i have been washing it loads to keep the salt a grime off it but that just means its a block of ice the next morning :laugh:

i am also having to get up earlier to start it while i finish off my :coffee:

An old sheet or cardboard bud..

It's been costing me £12 a week so far for the polish dudes to wash my motor but they love the Ronals iv even asked how much to just wash the wheels but they laughed at me :) atleast iv now got a card with 5 stamps the sixth wash is free :)

Danboi2
05-12-2012, 19:23
Just be carefull with what there using I've heard some horror stories from some wheel refurb places round here that one place was using some real harsh chemical. It was making the wheels cleant up mint but stripped all the lacquer off the wheels then they carrode

bood
05-12-2012, 19:31
cheers

i dont mind washing it i just need to take the drying of it to the next level so the doors dont stick on the seals.

Nottswoody
06-12-2012, 05:37
Bloody 5 froze shut on me again at 5am in the morning :mad: that's it lol no more washes untill I'm on a late shift.. :)

Jonny5
06-12-2012, 08:22
Just be carefull with what there using I've heard some horror stories from some wheel refurb places round here that one place was using some real harsh chemical. It was making the wheels cleant up mint but stripped all the lacquer off the wheels then they carrode

I work at Wickes and i have a Car Valeter who is a regular customer for our Brick Acid, which he uses as his one and only wheel cleaner :eek:

DaveL485
06-12-2012, 11:10

Small radiator in the footwell, extension into the house, on a timer. Set it to come on 90mins before you need to go anywhere....toasty warm car!

Danboi2
06-12-2012, 11:30
I work at Wickes and i have a Car Valeter who is a regular customer for our Brick Acid, which he uses as his one and only wheel cleaner :eek:

That was it brick acid same what they was using down here that can't be good for the wheels

Brigsy
06-12-2012, 12:36
I forgot to mension I washed the engine down last night lol not the best thing I know

You muppet:wasntme:

Be careful with those foreign car wash places, i got the van done last year as it was pitted in winter and the stuff they used to clean the wheels took the paint off my plastic centrecaps, had to repaint them...never again

Nottswoody
06-12-2012, 12:45

I do tell them not to blast the Ronals and they didn't put anything on them just wash and light spray after.. Maybe I will just get my marigolds on and wash it myself :)

bood
07-12-2012, 22:48
Small radiator in the footwell, extension into the house, on a timer. Set it to come on 90mins before you need to go anywhere....toasty warm car!

Sounds a good idea to me.

i am defo going to have to do something

Nottswoody
02-02-2013, 14:12
Well I had my drivers jacking point welded on today the bloke said its clean indeed there but said it Was a bitch to fit.. I said I will have the other side done next month and he just laughed and showed me his knuckles.. The only thing I didn't like was he's left some of the old metal in there he's cut the damaged part out and overlapped the new with the old.. Feels solid enough and he said they will see that car out lol.. Good job really but I still won't be jacking from there.. Surprised me how much the floors must of been smashed in over the years.. Atleast it will fly through the mot now :)