PDA

View Full Version : VDO fuel cell sender unit identification Help

James5
29-11-2012, 13:17
I am struggling to find any info on the VDO sender unit I have in my alloy fuel tank specifically trying to find out it's ohms working range so I can getting a matching / corresponding fuel level gauge for it:agree:

Pic attached of the numbers on it but my google search's seem to be failing finding anything. Any help much appreciated:sos:

Dave Reed
29-11-2012, 13:32
If you remove it, get a multi meter, set it to ohms, then move the float up and down, this will then give you empty, half and full ohm readings,
Then all you've got to do is find a gauge that use's the same range! It's going to be difficult though..

Is probably easier to just buy another one with the gauge..

James5
29-11-2012, 13:48
If you remove it, get a multi meter, set it to ohms, then move the float up and down, this will then give you empty, half and full ohm readings,
Then all you've got to do is find a gauge that use's the same range! It's going to be difficult though..

Is probably easier to just buy another one with the gauge..

Cheers Dave, was thinking that might be the case shame I can't find one that has the same range as the OE dash gauge

Dave Reed
29-11-2012, 15:29
Cheers Dave, was thinking that might be the case shame I can't find one that has the same range as the OE dash gauge

Will be near on impossible unfortunately mate.. Unless there's some way of using the standard sender?

James5
29-11-2012, 15:31
Will be near on impossible unfortunately mate.. Unless there's some way of using the standard sender?

I will have a look at new sender and gauges:agree:

Cheers

SCHWARTZ
29-11-2012, 17:44
Get the o/e one in there pmt style:D

DaveL485
06-12-2012, 10:59
Unless they're all standard 0-5v sensors, like MAP sensors and TPS's are for example. Try it before you bin it.