PDA

View Full Version : speedo

SACK 09
27-11-2012, 21:41
dose any body know how to wind on a speedo, only as the 5 i just got has 63k on the clock and 84k on the mot???

Nick k
27-11-2012, 22:52
Not very often somebody wants to wind a speedo forward :) It can be done but its a pain and you could end up with a pile of clogs :D Might be easier to contact mike at gt spares and see if he has got a set of clocks with around that mileage on.

SACK 09
27-11-2012, 23:00
Not very often somebody wants to wind a speedo forward :) It can be done but its a pain and you could end up with a pile of clogs :D Might be easier to contact mike at gt spares and see if he has got a set of clocks with around that mileage on.

is there a how to ??

Nick k
27-11-2012, 23:27
Nothing documented that im aware of, but there would'nt be to be fair :D The speedo module can be taken out of the clocks, think there is a metal bar thing that holds the speedo unit together with the numbers dials within it, from memory you have to open it up the mess with it without it exploding everywhere!! I've done one in the past for the same reasons as you but i dont think it was straight forward. Take the clocks out and have a play mate.

Brigsy
28-11-2012, 15:09
Remove the speedo head and click the numbers round carefully with a small flathead screwdriver.

Mr Raider
29-11-2012, 12:27
I removed the motor on the speedo (2 phillips screws) got a spline and small cog from an old technic lego set and put it in a drill, cog onto where speedo motor goes and the numbers will start moving, takes bit of time but get there in the end ;)