PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest on full size drive on car ramps...

BILLY-R5GTT
26-11-2012, 16:07
I am thinking about making a few sets of these, just wondering if there would be any takers on them?

http://www.restorationramps.co.uk/

http://www.restorationramps.co.uk/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/ramps?opendocument&part=2

They should hopefully come in well under half price of these :) I am pricing up the steel at the moment to build a set for my workshop.

I can build to specific requirements, length, width, height etc...

Also I am a quilified welder and worked a an agricultural engineer for many years (not my day job these days, just a hobby) so I can do welding cheap as chips for anyone in the club.

Post me anything you like or get your materials delivered to me and i'll put it together for you. I am only doing MIG at the moment, I can do TIG but unfortunately don't have a TIG welder at present.

If you have any queries please feel free to PM me.

Billy

Brigsy
26-11-2012, 16:42
**** hot them like, id have a set but no room/money! Might need to be a little longer or extensions for a lowered car?

car.crash
26-11-2012, 16:51
They look great but well over priced considering the materials used.

markey b
26-11-2012, 17:24
cheaper to buy a used 2 or 4 post ramp, plus when not in use you can put a car on, and another under!

scratcher
26-11-2012, 17:43
They're pretty cool. I imagine they'd be well handy.

3 inches of ground clearance would be a dream as well :laugh:

BILLY-R5GTT
26-11-2012, 17:58
Yeah they are well over priced on that site! :sad2:

For an enthusiast at home with a fair size garage or flat driveway who do alot of work on cars they would be ideal, the amount of times i've been under a car welding, fitting exhausts, cables etc... it's a nightmare.

We're not allowed to have a 2 or 4 post ramp in the workshop because it's for storage only as the farmer tells people ;)

Lowered cars may be a problem but you could always remove the front bumper if you have alot of work to do.

I'll post up some pic's when they're done. Hopefully there will be some interest in them :)

djinuk
26-11-2012, 18:36
There very good.. but 1 issue i can see for exmaple.

Is like , lets say u wish to remove a engine from an rwd car.. its generally a case of up down up down , with the car.. but with these it may be hard to keep taking the car off and on of and on..

Maybe engineer them diffrent?, like super low.. 2 inch height ramps.. but... with some good quality jacks under neath, .. then jack up each corner..

It will cost more in building some good quality jacks, but less in material and they will suit lowered cars.. Just a thought

these would be great for jobs like welidng/undersealing.. but i dont think theres a huge amount of people who would want them for that.. I think more to so remove engines , subframes etc,

hope that makes sence.

BILLY-R5GTT
26-11-2012, 18:48
Yeah mate that does make sense and cheers for the advice :), could be on to something here :agree: .

Has anyone else got any ideas how I could modify these to make them better?

What would you look for in a set of mini car ramps?

Any input appreciated :)