PDA

View Full Version : Dads taxi or baby on board

Nottswoody
24-11-2012, 12:26
So the mrs says I have to put a sign in the car to stop the tits revving up my arse while my babes is in the car.. Any one seen were I can get a funny or tasteful one? Iv only seen the boring ones.. Cheers

Trevhib
24-11-2012, 12:42
I'd say the boring ones are best. The only hope you have in making some of the ar*eholes on the road back off a bit is if your message is a genuine request and clear.

It doesn't matter what you put on your car, some people, on some occasions, simply drive like they don't give a sh*t.

Is the sign going on a GTT? That wont help. :crap:

Nottswoody
24-11-2012, 12:53
Yep on my 5.. True I will get a plain one from halfords today it makes me laugh though its always 19yr old lads..the late 20s to 30s just stick there thumbs up and smile. I love the respect people have for these.. I do find myself always defending the reliability of them though.. And convos always start with "my mate had one" I'm having a lot of work done at home by different trades at the min and came out today and the builder had coverd her up for me lol... He got a cupa tea and a bacon sandwich lol.. The worst iv heard is "did you buy that off ALI G!!

Trevhib
24-11-2012, 13:01
I think there is an element of, "young lad transports his baby in a fast car that's flimsy as hell but wants other people to be careful? If he was that bothered he'd have bought a Volvo, so if he doesn't care, why should I?"

You guys might be totally undeserving of this sort of judgement but unfortunately it doesn't stop people (usually other men who don't have children of their own), from thinking and acting in that way. :(

Nottswoody
24-11-2012, 13:09
I wouldn't do a long journey with my babes in the car that's what the other cars for but on a Saturday the mrs works so we go to the parks in the 5. I have had someone say I wouldn't take my child out in that!! But it's all I have an i wouldn't put her in any danger intensionally Hence us cruising at 30 everywhere.. But this is a worry and I'm looking into cages at the min..

chris
24-11-2012, 13:19
Like you say its always younger lads theres nothing you can do the trouble is the 5 is an iconic car and young lads wana race one just to say they have and it aint like you can get out and have a row with them because kids are in car if your only pottering round town it will be fine

Trevhib
24-11-2012, 13:19
You seem all over it :)

Just remember that it doesn't matter how safely you drive, you can't always account for what others do on the road, and if something big hits you guys in the GTT, it could be bad news. The cage idea sounds good. :agree:

clee
24-11-2012, 13:42
Probably just me but I don't get those signs ...good idea ,wish I'd thought of it but how anyone thinks it does anything is beyond me .
Just had some feckin loon go past me and the kids at 70 through the suburbs ,head on collision narrowly avoided ,then I hear sirens .....

Trevhib
24-11-2012, 16:30
It's only obvious when people totally ignore those signs. I think there are some people who see them and do take a bit more care, it's not possible to know how many because their actions are not readily apparent.