PDA

View Full Version : Zeitronix zt-2 and adaptronic e420c hook up

lee1707
20-11-2012, 23:35
I've finally got round to making my engine loom for my EFI conversion and will be test fitting everything into my shell prior to paint so i can add brackets and cable penetrations where required.

Can anybody shed some light on the best way of utilising the Zt-2 wideband sensor and E420c ecu?

Has anybody used the 2 together and can you provide any feedback or even a schematic of hook up?

Logg
21-11-2012, 05:52
With a bit of luck your wideband gauge will have a 0-5v output wire for use with data loggers/ecu's. if so it's just a simple case of connecting that wire to the corresponding wire in the ecu loom and then selecting the correct zeitronix model in the ecu.

I did the same with my aem wideband it took longer to figure out what wires I needed to use than it did to wire up.

Scoff
21-11-2012, 12:38
Both AEM and Zeitronix have an RS232 output too, so you have a choice of analogue or serial connections. The ECU supports it either way you like.

If you want to keep it simple with analogue then the output from the Zt-2 needs to go in the "spare" input on the ECU, then tell the ECU there is a Zeitronix connected to it. Beware though, Zeitronix changed their scaling a while back so depending on the model it'll either calibrate or it wont. If the AFR values via the ECU look very different to the Zeitronix display then select "UEGO 0-5v" instead, it seems pretty close in those cases.