PDA

View Full Version : refurbing my turbo

THE MASTER
20-11-2012, 14:13
finaly got my arse in gear to find out the turbo i have fitted to my Camparse

it's a TB2536 Model - 465589-3

all i know is its a turbo i like it cos it's off a master derv van and it works on my CAMPARSE. plus it spools up fast when needed not a monster booster 1.5 bar is about all it goes to but dam when it gets going it real fun

the thing is it getting a little tired and need a refurb.

so the question is were can i get a seal refurb kit at a very cheapo price

:burnrubber::burnrubber::burnrubber::burnrubber::b urnrubber::burnrubber::burnrubber::burnrubber:

THE MASTER
23-11-2012, 11:27
anyone :mart:

Mart
23-11-2012, 11:39
Parts list: http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/garrett_parts_list/465589-0003.php

Surely Adam can refurb' it for you?

Hope you're keeping well mate :agree:

THE MASTER
23-11-2012, 11:50
thanks Mart

ive tryed getting hold of Adam but no luck. ide rather him sort it out than just any monkey. ile try again

and im not to bad . onwards and upwards as they say :agree:

Romil Davda
23-11-2012, 12:02
Hi Colin, I used CR Turbo for the rebuild on my t25:

01452 638426

http://www.crturbos.co.uk/

Great service although you do pay for it!

THE MASTER
23-11-2012, 12:09
thanks Romil. ile give them a call if no luck with Adam

gtmatt
23-11-2012, 14:15
Just had mine done from a company round here great service great price and he has done a top job turbo rebuild.co.uk they r in preston

r5_scotty
23-11-2012, 17:29
thanks Romil. ile give them a call if no luck with Adam
i spoke to adam today chap . i will pm his number over to make sure your callin the right number:agree:

gtmatt
23-11-2012, 19:00
Here he is Colin
http://www.turborebuild.co.uk/
Ask for Danny his prices are very competive :)

THE MASTER
27-11-2012, 11:37
cant get hold of adam even asked dawn no responce . so after alot of shopping around. and number crunching. ive found a kit at not to bad a price . ebay advert but i phoned and ordered
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T2-TB25-TB02-T250-MAJOR-TURBO-SERVICE-REPAIR-REBUILD-KIT-WITH-360-THRUST-Brg-/170902409712?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ca93d1f0&_uhb=1

there is now a full kit with 360° bearing winging it's way to mine for £39.95 inc postage

:burnrubber::burnrubber::cool2:

Markey Mark (BD)
27-11-2012, 12:29
cant get hold of adam even asked dawn no responce . so after alot of shopping around. and number crunching. ive found a kit at not to bad a price . ebay advert but i phoned and ordered
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T2-TB25-TB02-T250-MAJOR-TURBO-SERVICE-REPAIR-REBUILD-KIT-WITH-360-THRUST-Brg-/170902409712?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ca93d1f0&_uhb=1

there is now a full kit with 360° bearing winging it's way to mine for £39.95 inc postage

:burnrubber::burnrubber::cool2:

Did you try getting Adam on here or by calling the shop mate? I know he rarely comes on here, if you call shop you got very good chance of getting hold of him thats how i get hold of him now for doing my turbo's

THE MASTER
27-11-2012, 17:20
Did you try getting Adam on here or by calling the shop mate? I know he rarely comes on here, if you call shop you got very good chance of getting hold of him thats how i get hold of him now for doing my turbo's

i tried several avenues to get hold of Adam . the only one i didnt try was his parents . and i do have the number.

dont get me wrong i wasnt looking for a cheap job just wanted somone that i could trust to do the job propperly. and maybe Adam could put a few ££££ in his back pocket. but it's looking like Adam does not do (as we call them in the traid) private jobs..
:smokin:

philr5t
27-11-2012, 17:54
i called the shop and spoke to adam on the shop number last week a lady on reception answered just asked for adam and he took the call. I do think the reason why most people cant get him on his mobile is he probably dosnt want to be bombarded with calls about prices and general info on turbos as i suppose at the end of the day he does have a job to do and its not his company :)

THE MASTER
27-11-2012, 18:03
i called the shop and spoke to adam on the shop number last week a lady on reception answered just asked for adam and he took the call. I do think the reason why most people cant get him on his mobile is he probably dosnt want to be bombarded with calls about prices and general info on turbos as i suppose at the end of the day he does have a job to do and its not his company :)

i might know the woman that answered . she threw me out the workshop wilts i was sorting out a turbo with Adam. hence why im not gonna call his work number;). i dont often have a go but she is not a nice woman

gtmatt
27-11-2012, 21:33
I Also had problems with Adam ,you should of contacted the above i am very happy with my turbo

THE MASTER
11-12-2012, 17:33
well the kit has arived and ive started stripping the bogger (the left hand thread did not fool me ha ha ). dam it realy needs it . dont know the milage on it but im guessing over 100,000. like i said it was a free trubo that was whisltling when i took it off a master van . and just moved the housing to fit the 5

going to clean it up best i can digging out all the burnt on crud. oven cleaner seams to get alot of the crud off along with some light wire brushing .

the new kit comes with a 360 trust bearing so it all dfferent to wot im taking apart ..

nothing to loose apart from £40 AND A BIG LEARNING CURVE TO GAIN .. and ive got all winter to sort it out .... and ive found loads of youtube vids to help me out ...

he who dares ...........:)

gttjames
11-12-2012, 21:28
do a guide with pics :)

THE MASTER
04-01-2013, 18:48
well it's all built now and on camparse . and it works . no smoke and spools up fine . :D

who wonts there turbo rebuilt :):cool2::burnrubber:

Dafydd52
04-01-2013, 18:57
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

R5 gt turb convert to injection yes or no guys?

gttjames
05-01-2013, 14:29
well it's all built now and on camparse . and it works . no smoke and spools up fine . :D

who wonts there turbo rebuilt :):cool2::burnrubber:
haha how much master?

Tony Walker
05-01-2013, 16:04
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

R5 gt turb convert to injection yes or no guys?

yes good idea, no idea how it ended up in this thread tho?

Os8472
13-01-2013, 17:34
well the kit has arived and ive started stripping the bogger (the left hand thread did not fool me ha ha ). dam it realy needs it . dont know the milage on it but im guessing over 100,000. like i said it was a free trubo that was whisltling when i took it off a master van . and just moved the housing to fit the 5

going to clean it up best i can digging out all the burnt on crud. oven cleaner seams to get alot of the crud off along with some light wire brushing .

the new kit comes with a 360 trust bearing so it all dfferent to wot im taking apart ..

nothing to loose apart from £40 AND A BIG LEARNING CURVE TO GAIN .. and ive got all winter to sort it out .... and ive found loads of youtube vids to help me out ...

he who dares ...........:)

Just rebuilt my first turbo today myself, a TD04 off a Saab aero, apart from the big circlip that holds the comp housing on, not as bad as I thought it would be.

How bad were the bearings in the one you did fella?

gttjames
14-01-2013, 00:28
Might get my knakered one back (see thread in turbo section) and have a go then if you guys reckon its worth a shot?

LiamR
14-01-2013, 17:04
This would be very handy as a guide :)

Can someone do one please??????:agree::agree::agree: