PDA

View Full Version : to go f4r or keep c1j???

r5_scotty
11-11-2012, 16:49
my mate has been round today and has decided to sell his throttle bodies!!! there for the f4r with manifold and injectors etc . i still have a really low mileage f4r lump too which has had the dephaser and cambelt done.

so iv been thinking should i shouldnt i?????

my fives modified anyway. so its not the end of the world if i swap lumps.

opinions please?? :)

couple of pics as my five sits now......

James5
11-11-2012, 17:12
my mate has been round today and has decided to sell his throttle bodies!!! there for the f4r with manifold and injectors etc . i still have a really low mileage f4r lump too which has had the dephaser and cambelt done.

so iv been thinking should i shouldnt i?????

my fives modified anyway. so its not the end of the world if i swap lumps.

opinions please?? :)

couple of pics as my five sits now......

A 5 needs a turbo really. You will also need a bonnet with a bulge then you have to consider the rad with the tb's. What managment would you be running it on?

Its easy to drop one in mind

I would keep your 5 as is if you have spare cash go efi:agree:

r5_scotty
11-11-2012, 17:19
[quote=JTEC;300006]A 5 needs a turbo really. You will also need a bonnet with a bulge then you have to consider the rad with the tb's. What managment would you be running it on?

Its easy to drop one in mind

I would keep your 5 as is if you have spare cash go efi:agree:[/quote

wont need the bonnet on throttle bodies. as for the rad i would move it over where the standard intercooler is. and my buddy has an omex mappable ecu for 300. im a rookie to this but i love the idea of throttle bodies:devil: the 2 things im stuck on are 1. exhaust mani 2. wireing loom???