PDA

View Full Version : help needed problem brakes

samb5
16-12-2008, 14:13
ok i have swapped over rear beam onto my car for desired height.. bled all the brakes, thay are all functional.. now when i brake hard the back end is skippin out.. think too much pressure going to the back brakes off the pedal?? how do i ajust?? is it the bias under near spare wheel with rod that goes to rear beam?? how do i ajust and wot way does wot?? :)

RussellT
16-12-2008, 17:12
screw it in for more to the back, screw it out for more to the front. The actual bias adjuster might have broken and not be working.

samb5
16-12-2008, 18:10
the bias should be ok as it was fine with other beam, but this beam is alot lower so hence thinkin i need to ajust.. would a lot lower beam make it need ajustment? hope its only ajustment needed :)

Markey Mark (BD)
16-12-2008, 18:11
the bias should be ok as it was fine with other beam, but this beam is alot lower so hence thinkin i need to ajust.. would a lot lower beam make it need ajustment? hope its only ajustment needed :)

Yes it will need adjustment, when the beam is lower it thinks the car is heavier at the back (boot full, passengers in) so applies more brake pressure to the rear wheels.

samb5
16-12-2008, 22:46
ok cheers for ya comments,info... il give it ago at ajusting it :)