PDA

View Full Version : front fog lights

casper
05-11-2012, 13:47
Hi everyone,there's no power getting to my fogs and the light on the dash dosent come on so I'm going to start by checking the switch,just not sure how to get into it.thanks

Goobie
05-11-2012, 14:11
Should just slip/pull out straight towards you with minor effort. :)

Dave Reed
05-11-2012, 14:29
Hi everyone,there's no power getting to my fogs and the light on the dash dosent come on so I'm going to start by checking the switch,just not sure how to get into it.thanks

Have you checked the fuses?

markey b
05-11-2012, 15:19

and relay... the like to suck water in

casper
06-11-2012, 09:48

Yes mate,first thing I checked.IV got my voltmeter so hopefully I will get there eventually.lol

Dave Reed
06-11-2012, 10:14
and relay... the like to suck water in

What he said then :D

Nick k
06-11-2012, 10:38
The fog control circuit runs through the light switch stalk then the fog switch and off to the relay at the front under the bonnet, If your rear fog is working then you can rule out the light switch stalk, The fog symbol on the dash is more than likely playing up, so check the fog relay, that can filll with water and rust up, That relay gets its supply direct off the alternator for the actual power to the lamps and is switched from the supply from the dash switch. The other things to check are the w%nk rubber connectors on the fog lamps and the lamps for good connection to the holders, ie not corroded. Good luck ;)

casper
06-11-2012, 10:49
The fog control circuit runs through the light switch stalk then the fog switch and off to the relay at the front under the bonnet, If your rear fog is working then you can rule out the light switch stalk, The fog symbol on the dash is more than likely playing up, so check the fog relay, that can filll with water and rust up, That relay gets its supply direct off the alternator for the actual power to the lamps and is switched from the supply from the dash switch. The other things to check are the w%nk rubber connectors on the fog lamps and the lamps for good connection to the holders, ie not corroded. Good luck ;)

Thanks mate.Yeah the rear fogs are ok.Is the relay the one behind the passanger headlight?not really sure how to go about checking it but will have a play.

James5
06-11-2012, 10:57
Thanks mate.Yeah the rear fogs are ok.Is the relay the one behind the passanger headlight?not really sure how to go about checking it but will have a play.

Simple's swap the relay for a new 5 pin relay or another one out of the engine bay which is known to work just to eliminate relay

Nick k
06-11-2012, 11:02
No thats the air horn relay, it lives on the drivers side from what i remember somewhere near the rad fan relay from memory,

James5
06-11-2012, 12:01
No thats the air horn relay, it lives on the drivers side from what i remember somewhere near the rad fan relay from memory,

Next to the perc fan relay against the inner drivers side wing:agree:

GT Josh
06-11-2012, 15:36
:bothered: :rob:

casper
06-11-2012, 23:06
:bothered: :rob:

Good but not as good as the old Julian Clarey gag.lol

GT Josh
07-11-2012, 12:00
Just wait until you post something and I'm taking you down!