PDA

View Full Version : N/S door lock

Chris Hebden
15-12-2008, 22:02
My door has stopped latching! Last night it was fine, drove to Renault to pick my boss up, my friend opened the door and then couldnt shut it again! Any ideas on what it could be i.e. could it be the lock it self or the latchey thing (tech talk ;)) which is on the door shut? Cheers

Adam L
15-12-2008, 22:07
Have one of the metal arms popped out of the locking mechanism? take the door card off and have a look.

mr bean aka pete
15-12-2008, 22:13
heya chris

have you tried with the door open using a screw driver to lock the latch manually ? if it does lock manually it may mean that u need to adjust the locking pin on the B pillar :) hope this helps

Chris Hebden
15-12-2008, 22:33
Hay pete, yea i used a key and could move the latch and that would lock into place and release once i used a handle, so that pointed me to the catch on the "B" pillar (thank you) but cant understand why over night this would need to be adjusted? I had a quick look at it afterwork in the dark and thought it was a little damaged (the catch bit) i'll have a look again?! Confuddled!

J$£5GTT
15-12-2008, 22:40
the rubber bit on the pillar locator may be worn,
only £6 i think from reno,but if you doors dropped
it will soon feck up new one,so maybe take peek
at the door hinge pins to:)

Mr_Dave
15-12-2008, 22:41
... or get out the electrical tape and wrap it round a few times ;)

Jobs a goodun :agree:

J$£5GTT
15-12-2008, 22:43
... or get out the electrical tape and wrap it round a few times ;)

Jobs a goodun :agree:

yer works a treat that,add a bit or take away a bit
you decide!!! :agree::p

Chris Hebden
15-12-2008, 22:55
Bloody marvelous guys! The door has dropped but ever so slighty! I didnt think these things ever needed to be touched! I'll be on the case tomorrow!

Nick k
15-12-2008, 23:54
Bloody marvelous guys! The door has dropped but ever so slighty! I didnt think these things ever needed to be touched! I'll be on the case tomorrow!
Its more likely the central locking motor has done one causing the latch to get stuck half way. so the door dont stay closed. I recently fitted a complete lock and motor out a clio 1999 in a R5 passenger door. worked a treat and the central locking motor is so much better than the R5 ones. :D

royz
19-12-2008, 21:22
spray some wd around the lach then grease it had the same problem the last few days seams to have done the trick.