PDA

View Full Version : How to tell a clio williams 2.0 head from the outside?

BILLY-R5GTT
03-11-2012, 11:15
I might be going buying a 2.0 clio williams engine tomorrow, it's stamped F7R on the block but how do I know if it's got a williams 2.0 head or not?

A commom mod in the valver world is put the F7P 1.8 head on the F7R bottom end, for the money I could do with knowing if its the real thing.

Cheers :agree:

Kingscott
10-11-2012, 16:32
I might be going buying a 2.0 clio williams engine tomorrow, it's stamped F7R on the block but how do I know if it's got a williams 2.0 head or not?

A commom mod in the valver world is put the F7P 1.8 head on the F7R bottom end, for the money I could do with knowing if its the real thing.

Cheers :agree:

I don't think you can, its only the cam profile that is slightly differant,?

Are you saying they put a 1.8 head on the F7R? to make the 2.0 lump quicker?

Os8472
10-11-2012, 16:34
I pretty sure that the Williams F7R block never had F7R stamped on it, only the megane variants did.

If its a Williams it'll have the same cam cover and inlet manifold as an F7P, if its the megane variant the cam cover is a plastic item and inlet manifold is different.

Best get some pics up first mate so we can have a proper look at it

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
10-11-2012, 17:20
If its proper cheap, it might be worth a punt. But if its a lot of money get as much info as possible, there is some proper tat out there...!
Where is the engine?

BILLY-R5GTT
10-11-2012, 20:51
I bought the engine, the guy said it had it on the block but I think he meant the engine plate because that has F7R on it but not actually on the block itself.

I know of alot of people with F7P engines who have got hold of F7R bottom ends and swapped them over to make their F7P a 2.0 I have no idea how much of a difference it's made?

It's away to get turbo'd anyway so I am away to post in the F7P/R turbo section :D 5's just gone on hold and the 19 cab has taken priority.