PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge issue?

TOMTOM
02-11-2012, 19:51
Hello all, took my 5 out for an airing, filled it up, Half a tank on gauge, anyways, driving along all nice, and ping!! Fuel gauge needle just dropped down reading nothing.. any ideas what to look for to sort it?:scratch: I hate electrics by the way:laugh: thanks if u can help a div out:D

Flight666
02-11-2012, 20:14
Mine did this few weeks ago,un-clipped the sender connector under the rear seat a squirt of wd-40 on the terminals and all tickety boo hope it works for you..:)

TOMTOM
02-11-2012, 20:20
Give em a clean up as well as wd40 up em?lol thanks for the reply geez:D

TOMTOM
03-11-2012, 13:35
Sorted! Just a ****ty the connector :Dthanks.

Flight666
03-11-2012, 19:00
Glad you got it sorted my connector was very dusty/dry and all ok after a quick clean up..

TOMTOM
02-04-2013, 22:05
Sorry to drag it again but the same has happened, really cleaned the connector up on male/female sides and the gauge does not move at all now?!! Where else can I find causes to this problem? Would the sender unit itself need taking out cleaning up/replacing? Or would it be a break in the wiring? Thanks in advance :)

TOMTOM
04-04-2013, 20:16
Come on, anyone?????????:scratch:

r5_scotty
04-04-2013, 20:24
the only other think i can think of is to take the dials out and check the fuel gauge threads/nuts and clean the contacts on the flexible circuit (what ever its called) then do them back up. i had the same thing and i did this and mines all good. its almost like mosture got on the circuit and corroded but cleaned up easy.

worth a try :agree:

TOMTOM
04-04-2013, 20:34
U say that Scotty, my windscreen had condensation on inside from the div who fitted it, had it refitted properly, maybe that could be the cause, I'll have a butchers, does the dash have any fuses relating to the gauges anywhere? I hate electrics with a passion.

TopCat
04-04-2013, 20:46
U say that Scotty, my windscreen had condensation on inside from the div who fitted it, had it refitted properly, maybe that could be the cause, I'll have a butchers, does the dash have any fuses relating to the gauges anywhere? I hate electrics with a passion.

Ha mate I had a nightmare with my dash mate. I get the clocks in and out In no time if u want me to have a butch?

r5_scotty
04-04-2013, 20:48

hopefully this may be an easy cure then champ:agree: makes sense.

least you have done a propper job on it now mate. dave bangs on about it all the time!! you to gettin married soon lol

and as too electrics ,im colour blind lol so not gona go too far into that just incase i tell you summin wrong hahaha i belive the dash is fused maybe with the lights. im sure someone else on here can confirm:agree:

r5_scotty
04-04-2013, 20:49
Ha mate I had a nightmare with my dash mate. I get the clocks in and out In no time if u want me to have a butch?

you just wana touch his focus lol :cooter: