PDA

View Full Version : oulton park

willo3110
02-11-2012, 18:58
just back from oulton great day in the end exhaust fell off my dispatch on the way so drove with just front pipe nice and loud while towing :crap:
nice to see alex/ tony/chris and dad /the holy one and luke :) only a couple of misshaps his holyness had a bit of a moment in the cup /tony had a little off got to drive home with only one head light /alex liked collecting gravel only once and finally my lad has killed mine after scaring the s***e out of me no electricity think battery has given up

abig thanks to trackaction for a great day and a big thanks to mark for yet again looking after my lad cheers :agree:

Kris M
02-11-2012, 19:49
what can i say. Another superb day at oulton. The quinn mobile performed well all day, even managed to get the slicks on for the afternoon as the weather was good. I had a massive spin mid morning round lodge corner!, luckily didnt hit anybody or anything and was able to carry on after changing my trousers ;):D . I went out with one of the instructors in my passenger seat for my last session, definatly worth doing, learned so much from him,......GREAT DAY :)

There were afew more little "misshaps" throughout the day but il let the other explain those ;)

AND was great to see three cup cars and 6 Renault 5 on track :)

Tony Walker
02-11-2012, 19:58
Fantastic day.... will post a little more when i get a spare two mins............... absolutely shattered lol

Pigsnake
02-11-2012, 22:51
Had a awesome day at oulton today. :) The ole girl didn't let me down.apart from failing the noise test.A handfull of wire wool sorted that out.:agree: Big thanks to kris,tony, alex, matty and kev for all your help and advice you boys are a credit to the club :agree: I haven't forgot I owe you a breakfast kev thanks for the leads buddy. Look forward to the next track day.:agree:

JonnyGee
02-11-2012, 23:31
I want to give a huge thankyou to Jesus for taking me out in the cup the car is awesome and the diff makes it even more fun,
Completely made my day after the Clio died just before lunch.
I now want a cup car lol :cool:

Junglist
02-11-2012, 23:53
sad i missed this :crap:

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-11-2012, 20:19
:agree:, agree with all... what a fantastic day again!!!!, i must say , anyone intrested in trackdays get yourself along to one of trackaction onlines day`s out, its so well organised and run... hats off to you steve and the crew...:goodJob:
It was fantastic to see all the 5`s there and i must say , what a great bunch of people the rtoc are too, great company and every body mucks in when things go wrong....................................

which brings me to the day itself, after dragging the car and a new found mate along at 5am we got to a seriously slippery oullton park.. what a venue and circuit!!!!, very intresting and technical. After a losing all grip at 65-70mph on a bend...:laugh:, i had a minor grass cutting, arco moment...doh:laugh:, lucky i only cracked the front bumper...so with the help of alex and his amazing duck tape, we fixed the cup and out i went again.... the car went really well all day, it just loves being used!!!, the diff was loosing and leaving everything behind in the chicanes!!! the track was fantastic when dry as said.:agree:, the hospitality was second to none and id do it all again tom if i could!! {except the off and all the spinning..:laugh:}.

well done steve and the crew.... AND A BIG well done rtoc... did yourselves proud yesterday..:D

ps, johny gee, your wellcome.. two things made my day, one was when a chap said to me ," your cars just two wheels and flames out the side"...:laugh:, the other was when you said "the sound inside that car is just awesome".....:D

ps...steve were pics being taken on the day...?????...:)

willo3110
07-11-2012, 16:06
just uploaded some in car video of my lad givin the five a bit of a workout
http://youtu.be/MmhpTmnDdm0 :agree:

RussellT
07-11-2012, 22:33
I think he needs a bigger car!

Alex
07-11-2012, 22:45
Nice video Kev. Did you find out the cause of the fault?

willo3110
08-11-2012, 08:36
yes mate the main live to the starter had broke its mount and melted on downpipe causin a dead short on the battery lucky it didnt go bang ;)

willo3110
08-11-2012, 08:39
I think he needs a bigger car!

he loves the 5 though russel wants ago at hillclimbs next year

Alex
08-11-2012, 09:04
At least it was an easy cheap fix :agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
09-11-2012, 21:31
a couple of the pics i managed to obtain, one leaving the paddocks thinking s### that is frikin greasey..lol, another chasin the competition minutes after...lol and another after the "moment" with the duct tape in place. Gonna give the ole girl a spruce up this year and try a few new things...:), happy days.

J$£5GTT
23-11-2012, 20:53
:):agree: