PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Rely

R11_DAVE
01-11-2012, 14:05
Is there another relay uther than the one under the glove box? I looked in the wizard section, says there is on or the 5 in the scuttle area. Can someone tell me where this is.Im guessing fuel pump now. I did change the clocks so maybe this has something to do with it.

Scoff
01-11-2012, 14:40
Just the one under the glove box for the fuel pump. But if the over-boost relay near the bonnet catch isn't working then the fuel pump won't run either.

edit, just noticed, not R5, not sure where over boost relay is in this case.

Nick k
02-11-2012, 21:53
If its got the over boost wires on the turbo hose then there is another relay. Just had a butchers at mine. There is a over booster relay mounted just under the aei on the inner wing. Easy way to check if its working is to crank it and see if you are getting a spark?? If yes then that relay is fine,

R11_DAVE
05-11-2012, 12:06
cheers guys.Changing the fuel pump today,fingers crossed

R11_DAVE
05-11-2012, 16:10
Ok this is pissing me off now. Its not the pump or relay. Its all since i changed the clocks over. It must have done something because everythinbg seems to be workinig

R11_DAVE
05-11-2012, 17:39
OK, just not getting power to the pump.I can run the pump and car is fine. It has a pretty sophisticated alarm and imob and as ive better things to do with my day i called an electrician.
wish id never bloody swapped the clocks...whon needs a speedo ,anyway
see what tomorrow brings

Nick k
05-11-2012, 18:55
Theres a 5 amp fuse in the fuse box that runs the fuel pump relay electronics' check that. Mine blew once when the wiring had a melting issue. Its also runs the supply to the clocks and gauges.

R11_DAVE
05-11-2012, 22:19
I did check the fuses.Im going to leave it to an expert. Fed up with it now
Ill let you know

R11_DAVE
06-11-2012, 23:47
All fixed. one of the lines on the back of the fuse board had melted. Pretty good electrician. Took the fuse board out and soldered away.
Going to put her away for the winter now :cry: