PDA

View Full Version : Help with application question

djinuk
31-10-2012, 14:07

Please help me guys, im appliying for a practical apprenticeship for a large company building engines. Im filling the application form and have got to this question.. Im usually really good at this stuff but my mind has gone numb and i feel i need to make somthing up for this.. eeekkk.. Helppp

'Describe a time when you have had to work closely with friends or colleagues to overcome a problem or difficulty. How did you approach the situation and what was the outcome? (Maximum 200 words including spaces) '

J8TRO
31-10-2012, 15:39
Relate it to something practical, preferably at work, if not in your everyday life. Surely you have been to a track day and got stuck in to get someone going? relate it to that and being part of a team etc. If it’s an engine company I’m sure a topic related example would be preferable.

if you use the example above, emphasise on not letting your friends down and everyone’s reaction to the outcome. tell them you wore a cape whilst helping and your pants outside your trousers.

Romil Davda
31-10-2012, 17:28
Mate, if your still stuck, give me a call, I got a few examples you might be able to use!?!? ;)

Trevhib
31-10-2012, 20:48
Also include what the consequence of this issue was to the business in cost, time or quality terms and the positive outcome (in those terms) that came as a result of you guys sorting the problem out. Show that you understood what it meant to the business to overcome the problem.

Always say 'I did' not 'we did'. Even as part of answering a team-based question, say what it was that you as individual contributed and why it was important.

If it's building engines that this company does, I'd try and find a time when a machine of some sort stopped working and describe what you did as a work-around, what was done to minimise down time, who took responsibility for getting the machine working again, how much it was costing having the machine out of order etc.

T.K
01-11-2012, 07:45
"Maximum 200 words including spaces"

What the **** does that mean?

So retarded that I don't think I would bother applying mate!

Trevhib
01-11-2012, 09:12
:laugh: