PDA

View Full Version : Lenso VPD 13x7.5

Adam L
15-12-2008, 19:36
I was going through a search on google about 20 minutes ago and came across a link for RTOC, mentioning in a thread that someone had bought a set from exospeed in the U.S. The link didn't work, so I assumed it was from the old site.

I've been looking at these wheels for a couple of weeks, exospeed won't email me back, although i've only sent one.

Whoever it was, did you get the package with 15x3.5's or 2 peice set? I'm actually after a full set of the 13's.

Their ebay feedback isn't low but some of the comments like'' item never arrived'' are a bit off putting. How long was delivery?

Scoff
15-12-2008, 19:52
hmmn, I bought I pair of 13x7.5 from exospeed in the states, with 23" tall MH drag tyres on. Rob backyard has some too. they're so light it's untrue. Not so cheap.

I didn't buy the rears, I'll stick with my campus wheels.

They can be a bit slow to respond! mine took an age to arrive, took a few mither emails from me to get them to crack on. Rob had all kinds of issues, wrong sizes arriving, no comms, etc :rolleyes:

Scoff
15-12-2008, 19:53
Infact, I think it's the VPDs that I have. 5 spoke thing. I had to open the hubs out to 60.1 to fit the R5, they are some Honda fitment to start with.

D4WNO
15-12-2008, 19:54
Only Lenso thread on the old site that is still available to see is this one (for RS5's though)

http://old.rtoc.co.uk/boards/thread.asp?ShowType=1&SortColumn=1&SortOrder=2&TimePeriod=5&BoardID=&TopicID=38199

Adam L
15-12-2008, 20:03
Cheers Chris. That was one of my questions I sent, I wanted to make sure the centre bore was big enough, otherwise i'd have to stick them on the laithe at work, which is going to cute away all the paint, although it probably won't be visible.

Convenitently they've put shipping to U.S only now, I didn't realise. I can't find anywhere in the UK or EU that does these wheels either, which is a bit of a bummer.

the weight and width was what attracted me to them the most, and the et being the best I could find.

Chars Dawn:)

Scoff
15-12-2008, 20:10
those VPD things are only drag wheels mind, they're not for anything else, they come with warnings, basically saying that if you try to corner quickly they'll probably bend or break! the spokes are not strong atall. I think they even have "not for highway use" stamped into them like the racemaster tyres.

maybe they've changed their shipping policy. I was also told they there is only exospeed that have the rights to those wheels, they bought the sole rights from Lenso or something.

Adam L
15-12-2008, 20:13
They were selling them for Autocross aswell. Maybe that's only in the larger sizes, where the construction is toughened?:confused:

Ah well, if the smaller wheels are flimzy as, i'll have to look for something else.

Rob@Backyardracing
16-12-2008, 17:56
My wheels took 3 months from date of order to having the set in my hands... BIG pain in arse.. Exo did buy the lenso cast so they own the wheels rights etc now.. Adam you may find its easier to ring them and speak to Will on the phone, its not easy to get hold of him tho.. Also there are a few guys in states that use the rims for sprint racing and not just drag, it think they can hold 400-450kg each corner weight so if you in a heavy car and throw a big corner load on them i dout they would hole up to much could be wrong.

Adam L
16-12-2008, 18:32
Ta Rob. Think i'll shop elsewhere.

Adam L
16-12-2008, 18:58
I just got a reply from them, which took over a week:rolleyes:. The wheels weigh 9lbs and the centre bore is 56mm.

Rob@Backyardracing
16-12-2008, 20:34
I just got a reply from them, which took over a week:rolleyes:. The wheels weigh 9lbs and the centre bore is 56mm.

Have a look on Honda-tech. You can contact them on there as they advertise the wheels on there so if your sale goes wrong you can shoot them down for the world to see ;)

Ye they need re-bores, i had to use mill as wheel to big for our laithe...