PDA

View Full Version : Wiring a mechanical Boot lock up to the alarm advice..

StuHERTS
27-10-2012, 18:53
Has anyone wired their Boot lock up to their Alarm fob?

The mechanism came with the car (not set up but in a box),
My problem is, there's no instructions or a diagram included.

Is it something for an electrician to do or is it pretty easy to install?

Thanks

Stuart

Jonny5
27-10-2012, 19:03
The standard boot lock on a gt is only controlled by the key.
Its purely mechanical.I think im correct in saying it would be impossible to make the original lock work off a fob or as part of the central locking.
Any ideas what type of aftermarket lock you have?

StuHERTS
27-10-2012, 19:26
Under the Boot door trim there is already a mechanism of some sort which winds in the cable to pull the lever then goes out again.
But i have a new one which is similar shape etc.

Its an avital Alarm that has 3 spare wires to connect to the boot release..

The Electric boot release is some Chinese make (sino-saibao)..
It has a connection for a "Green release button" that i could wire up near the dash or (i assume) i can wire it to the alarm wires which i can use from the fob or both.

As i mentioned in other threads, the cars De locked so ive got to climb in the boot from inside to open it everytime lol

StuHERTS
03-11-2012, 19:23
Ok, i replaced the Mechanism as the old one was deaded.
Put it all in and checked it with the live off my Amp and works fine, releases door etc,

Now, does anyone know if there is a Live feed that goes from the Boot door to the Dash or front somewhere?
There's a bunch of wires on the left of the Picture,
I can run it off a switch but didn't really want to run a fresh wire all the way from the Latch, up the inside of the boot door to the front of the car.
What cables would have been there originally?
Waiting on my Haynes manual but off tomorrow..

Thanks

Stuart

SCHWARTZ
03-11-2012, 20:30
Multi meter is your friend.

StuHERTS
03-11-2012, 20:50
Multi meter is your friend.
Ordered one a few days ago, think its coming from China! :cry:

Jonny5
03-11-2012, 21:11
Check with a multi meter like suggested but id guess all that wire is originally from the wiper motor and number plate lights.

Woznaldo
03-11-2012, 21:13
Have you still got a rear wiper hooked up as that's what the white plug looks like?

I've also got a de-locked car and had a look at actuating the rear lock. It's not an easy task as there is no long metal rod to jump onto.

I don't have access to Mk1 Clios but if they cam with rear hatch central locking, it might be easier to convert one of those to fit?

Ashy
03-11-2012, 21:17
There's a bunch of wires on the left of the Picture,

Black spades = Heated Screen
3 pin white = wash wipe
I think the 2 wire white plug is the rear number plate lights but that should be connected?

StuHERTS
03-11-2012, 21:33
Black spades = Heated Screen
3 pin white = wash wipe
I think the 2 wire white plug is the rear number plate lights but that should be connected?

Not connected because my plate is on the bumper.

Thinking maybe i could run a remote to heated screen button or wash wipe.
As long as something Live can push enough to release the lock.

need that multimeter.

StuHERTS
05-11-2012, 21:08
Thanks guys,
I've measured all those connections and tried fitting them all to the solenoid but there
Isn't enough current running through any to pull the lock open.
Does anyone know if I can get to and feed a cable through from the boot hatch along the top?
I'd need to get access to the top L/H corner plastic interior where I'm assuming the current cables run behind? and run a cable thick enough to take the voltage as there isn't one available.
Any ideas?
Stu
*just seen*
Those cables run down passed the N/S interior boot light!
Not along the top
DOH

StuHERTS
10-11-2012, 11:45
No Electricians out there?
:cry:
I dont know how but im sure this is possible, to run a relay or something that can power the solonoid for the boot release.?
Not that fussed about using the Alarm fob but just to have a button near the front seat to release the boot.
My Avatal Alarm is equipped with the boot release option..

Woznaldo
10-11-2012, 11:56
If you Renault can get a water tube through, then you'll have no problem getting a 12v feed cable through.

westy94
10-11-2012, 13:24
Find the switched live that triggers the front door lock and take a feed off that! boot lock on fob then

StuHERTS
10-11-2012, 14:18
Find the switched live that triggers the front door lock and take a feed off that! boot lock on fob then

That's a good idea for the live!
But wouldn't i be opening the boot every time i open the door if theyre linked?

There's 3 wires that run out the alarm box, one of which is the remote cable to use for the fob but can't be used as the power source..

I think either way, ill need to run a wire from the Hatch door where the solonoid is, up the side of the hatch, back down to behind the interior light and along the car where the other cables go/run to the dash/center console where i install a button or use the door lock release..
:scratch: