PDA

View Full Version : quiet boards

Tony Walker
26-10-2012, 23:15
Boards seem to be a little quiet the past week or so. Just thought some people may have some good ideas to keep the boards ticking over????
The picture competition was a good idea if that could be continued?
A few more area meet ups for the end of the year to be organised yet?

car.crash
26-10-2012, 23:24
Nothing seems to happen lately on here. Feels like a ghost town.

Tony Walker
26-10-2012, 23:37
I suppose theres allways going to be less going on winter time but it may be an idea to keep boards ticking over with something?
Theres probably more tinkering going on while cars are off the road so i suppose updates on that should increase?

tubbyG
26-10-2012, 23:56
with a lot of cars going off road for winter, I hope to see lots of interesing updates on projects over the next few months, but with xmas around the corner I expect many projects will be on the back burner tilll after then :(

the photo game was great banter, and kept people involved. Shame I only entered once (and won! :D ) due to the 5 being off the road.

I would be keen for that to be revived again?

Tony Walker
27-10-2012, 18:20
Any ideas?????????????????????????????????

TNT Tricky Nicky
27-10-2012, 19:07
I've seen a count to 1000 in pictures before which was pretty cool, not sure how far it got but I liked the idea. The picture had to have a reference or link to the next number eg number 5 could be a picture of a 5gtt

Today I did.....

Things I like

Things I don't like

House projects are interesting so maybe if anybody is doing any DIY they could post up before during and after.

Also liked a thread on here awhile ago now where members posted a pic of themselves, their car, a picture to describe what their job is and any other info they'd like to share

Jonny5
27-10-2012, 19:24
Thinks its been done before but with alot of the cars going off the road for winter, maybe a thread where everyone shows us what they use as a daily driver?

philg
27-10-2012, 19:31
I'm doing an extension at the moment, that's good for a chuckle.

Tony Walker
27-10-2012, 19:31
I'm doing an extension at the moment, that's good for a chuckle.

Show us what your upto so we can attempt our own bodged jobs :D

Tony Walker
27-10-2012, 19:32
I think a pic with our cars and some basic job life info would be a nice community touch, would also help people recognise peeps at ND especially if it was a popular topic?

Scoff
27-10-2012, 19:48
It would be good to follow a few more projects. There's a few going on but not many are posting updates. I'm just as guilty of that. Hopefully I'll have some R5 updates next month.

I could start a thread about my daily drive, that turned in to a saga. BMW with vanos problem goes to dealer - turns in to 2x new vanos units, new chain, new tensioner, engine out for bottom end rebuild after discovering spun big end, back in again only to find h/gasket weeping oil so head off awaiting skim and new gasket. 8 weeks without a car and counting :crap:

Markey Mark (BD)
27-10-2012, 19:55
It would be good to follow a few more projects. There's a few going on but not many are posting updates. I'm just as guilty of that. Hopefully I'll have some R5 updates next month.

Got to admit i'm the same too, been doing few bits to mine on the quiet in my spare time but not done an update for a while.

If anyone was interested and owners aloud me to i could do a few threads on the jobs i get in to do (the build ups obviously), might interest a few of you out there

GTphil
27-10-2012, 20:33
I haven't done anything to mine but drive it since before pod day, haven't had the enthusiasm to be honest:disagree: got a few things planned over the winter, and I will update my project thread as and when;)

Scoff, I thought bmw's were suppost to be reliable :eek:

Seems to be a sign of the times, we have had a few members sell up recently also, and as events are now done for the year a lot of people I'm guessing are taking a break.

Tony Walker
28-10-2012, 01:31
Lots of bmws come up with cam sensor issues, but don't seem to bring management light on so no-one knows, I also like bmws modified longer tensioner to stop the chain rattling, this just puts the timing out even further.

Tony Walker
28-10-2012, 01:32
Got to admit i'm the same too, been doing few bits to mine on the quiet in my spare time but not done an update for a while.

If anyone was interested and owners aloud me to i could do a few threads on the jobs i get in to do (the build ups obviously), might interest a few of you out there

Would be great to read up on your projects.

LiamR
28-10-2012, 15:32
I am still working on my project pretty much everyday :) had a fair bit of progress lately.

I just thought I was boring the sh#t of people with my continued updates so was goin to wait until it's finished (approx 2020!!) to put anymore pics on.

But if things are quiet and people want to see, I'll chuck them on here.

Markey Mark (BD)
28-10-2012, 15:45
Would be great to read up on your projects.

Its abit late to do threads on the ones i've done now but will do for future projects

I've just completed a reshell for someone, got Bigfoots car here for major work and just finished Waddies Volvo engine which had new valve springs fitted.
Got few projects in pipeline over winter which i'll crack on with when have time

Hoolio
28-10-2012, 15:56
I just thought I was boring the sh#t of people with my continued updates so was goin to wait until it's finished (approx 2020!!) to put anymore pics on.

I don't know why people think this, I love a good rebuild thread.