PDA

View Full Version : Wiring in extra speakers

Ricardo
25-10-2012, 19:13
Ok, my mate has a Diesel Fiesta work van and has asked me to cut and fit a board behind the bulkhead behind the seats to fit a pair of speakers. So my question is, how do I wire in the speakers to the headunit? There's no loom for rear speakers as far as I know only speakers in the front doors. I dont think I can splice into the each front speaker wire to run to the back.

It has an aftermarket headunit so I imagine there's facilities to have at least 4 speakers, then amp opportunities. How do you add speakers to a car/van that hasn't catered for such a situation? :ashamed:

Penfold aka The Dealer
25-10-2012, 19:24
Should be able to connect to the headunit....(should find a diagram to say what wires are the rear speakers) then run wires under the carpet/plastics direct to the speakers.. simples.

No point cutting into the front speakers wires as they will be under powered (IE most stereos are 4x50watts.... if you tap into the front speakers your gonna get 4x25 watt... not the full power.

Ricardo
25-10-2012, 19:28
Cheers Chris, I did think that would happen if I wired them into the fronts. I take it the harness that plugs into the back of the headunit will have the wires for the extra speakers?

Penfold aka The Dealer
25-10-2012, 19:30
Cheers Chris, I did think that would happen if I wired them into the fronts. I take it the harness that plugs into the back of the headunit will have the wires for the extra speakers?
Should do.... feel free to send me a pic of the wiring loom and i can tell you what wires are what...

Ricardo
25-10-2012, 19:39
Should do.... feel free to send me a pic of the wiring loom and i can tell you what wires are what...

Coolio, I'll try and pop the headunit out tomorrow to get a piccy. I don't think it'll take long to wire them in :)

Penfold aka The Dealer
25-10-2012, 19:43
2 min job if your quick ;)