PDA

View Full Version : BIT OF INFO NEEDED!please.

jack joy
15-12-2008, 13:40
Hi,I'm in the process of changing the engine loom on my 11 turbo done all of it except for the starter motor connection bolt.Is it easier to get to it from underneath the car?do you have to remove the heat shield? :(
Cheers
Jack.

Big Steve - Raider
15-12-2008, 14:55
Yep, you've got the remove the heat shield if it's the first time you've done it!

If you've done it before you can probably figure it out without taking the cover off but you're going to have to take the cover off anyway as far as i know to remove the loom from the gearbox bracket.

If you can put the car on Axle stands & have access to both the top & bottom you're going to be better off. :D

jack joy
15-12-2008, 17:27
Managed to do it without removing anything:cool:,I'v just finnished,am currently defrosting my hands and superglueing bits of finger back on!Thought I'd celibrate,so I connected the batt & the starter is now dead,all I can hear is a faint click of the solanoid,when I turn the key,plenty of charge in the batt,so must be somthing I'v done!:cry:

tiff_lee
15-12-2008, 20:58
Earth connections securely attached?

jack joy
15-12-2008, 21:05
I checked everything after I'd finished,and all was ok,I'll have to have another look in daylight tomorrow:confused:
Cheers.

Adam 005
15-12-2008, 21:24
Battey sounds dead when was it last charged

jack joy
16-12-2008, 19:40
Sorted!,my fault,forgot to plug something in:laugh: works great now!
Thanks for all the advice.
jack.