PDA

View Full Version : Converting to Single Wiper question plz

StuHERTS
22-10-2012, 17:27
Hi all,

I have been offered a Single wiper Blade with motor etc..

I do like the look of the single but just wanted to know how much work is actually required to fit it..?

Thanks

Stu

Markey Mark (BD)
22-10-2012, 17:31
If you have the kit for the 5 its not too hard to fit at all, it just replaces the exisiting wiper mechanism.
It uses the existing hole in the middle but its slightly off centre, what some people do is weld that hole over and redrill another in the centre, they then make a bracket to move the wiper motor and mech over abit so its save you couting it down.

Make sure you brace the motor end well, i have seen a fair few mechs snap because there not braced well enough

philr5t
22-10-2012, 17:31
Hi all,

I have been offered a Single wiper Blade with motor etc..

I do like the look of the single but just wanted to know how much work is actually required to fit it..?

Thanks

Stu

hi mate i did this it was more work than i thought but i do think they look better he is a picture of what i had to do with mine hope it helps

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=7738&d=1287073187

StuHERTS
22-10-2012, 17:36
hi mate i did this it was more work than i thought but i do think they look better he is a picture of what i had to do with mine hope it helps

Thanks Guys!
i'm going to take a screenie of that..
How far is the original hole away from where it needs to be?
Just i was hoping to not have to get it welded, but if needs be... Id much prefer the single..

Sparkie
22-10-2012, 23:46
i personally wouldnt do it. my old one put too much pressure on the windscreen surround and sheared the metal. it was crap at wiping away the rain too.

markey b
23-10-2012, 17:00

exactly how i did mine! use a citroen picasso rear wiper too and you can just about see, i deleted the washer jets on mine as well as i only use it in nice weather

J$£5GTT
28-10-2012, 15:54
i personally wouldnt do it. my old one put too much pressure on the windscreen surround and sheared the metal. it was crap at wiping away the rain too.

agree,i had one an there utter waste of time in clearing what there supposed to clear from the screen....
a BIG :disagree: from experience!!

philr5t
28-10-2012, 17:00
agree,i had one an there utter waste of time in clearing what there supposed to clear from the screen....
a BIG :disagree: from experience!!

Maybe it was just yours mate mine cleans fine and works a treat with no problems

J$£5GTT
28-10-2012, 18:37
Maybe it was just yours mate mine cleans fine and works a treat with no problems

maybe,it was a storm single wiper conversion.

philr5t
28-10-2012, 18:40
maybe,it was a storm single wiper conversion.

Same as mine mate

StuHERTS
28-10-2012, 18:46
Well the guy selling still hasnt come back with an overall price for P&P,
Its Been a week!
Ill leave it to fate but would like to have one:D

Penfold aka The Dealer
28-10-2012, 18:48
I would personally avoid... there utter ****... mine broke even when braced up... even when it did work it werent very good at wiping...

In a sudden heavy down pour 5's wipers are poor at the best of times... single wipers are deadly!

J$£5GTT
28-10-2012, 18:57
I would personally avoid... there utter ****... mine broke even when braced up... even when it did work it werent very good at wiping...

In a sudden heavy down pour 5's wipers are poor at the best of times... single wipers are deadly!

:agree: