PDA

View Full Version : Wiper blades for the 5

Nottswoody
22-10-2012, 16:16
Is someone pulling my p1sser:scratch: I'm trying to change my blades as one flew off and the local factors ones don't fit so I went to Renault and the say I have to buy whole new arms is this right? What a crap design if so..

Nottswoody
22-10-2012, 16:21
Lol he's just said £74.28.... I only want to change my bloody wipers but one of the adapters flew off the other day..

phase i 16 v turbo
22-10-2012, 16:23
Lol he's just said £74.28.... I only want to change my bloody wipers but one of the adapters flew off the other day..

That is how Renault list them. I have secondhand or can supply aftermartket blades.

Thanks
Mike

Nottswoody
22-10-2012, 16:43
That is how Renault list them. I have secondhand or can supply aftermartket blades.

Thanks
Mike

Hi mike

I still have the arms on the car it was the blade and the adaptor that fits the blew off do I really have to buy new metal arms and blades? That's just crazy bud surely how much we talking bud for both sides?

gttjames
22-10-2012, 21:06
if your wiper arms are ok like you say its just a case of buying the blades and cliping them in, there just like any other car, i just take them off the shelf at work and clip them in. So get to any local motor factors, halfords etc

Tony Walker
22-10-2012, 21:45
I remember fitting "trying" to fit a set of blades to lomos car, he had to borrow some off his bros 5 to get it through the MOT im not sure if maybe theres a ph1/ph2 difference? i'd say maybe look at some arms off a clio and get normal blades on it as a last resort.

Bigfoot
22-10-2012, 22:17
There are a number of different arms which can be found on them, the main two are the hook type which you need a connector on the wiper blade to locate in, or one which has a hook type plastic end which you just need the wiper blade to connect. The other type which is a poor design is a U shape plastic clip at end which can not be replaced, if this is broken you need a new arm. As for blades, the bosch 18" is fine, or if you want they do the aero style which can also be fitted onto these cars which bosch part AR450S.

Nottswoody
22-10-2012, 22:37
if your wiper arms are ok like you say its just a case of buying the blades and cliping them in, there just like any other car, i just take them off the shelf at work and clip them in. So get to any local motor factors, halfords etc

Lol guys seriously I'm not that daft... I went to the local factors and for three days now Iv tried every clip and every fitment that had the guy couldn't do anymore than he did and the replacement blades were £10. But none fitted.. My arms are flat no hooks no bends no nothing.. Typically mines the phase 1.5 so the inbetween year and Renault seriously said £74 as they were moulded in.. Come on guys give me some credit I know how to change a wiper lol it's the clips to fit my arms I can't get not one out of 8 sets would fit.. Lol thanks anyway guys.. And tony I'm off to the local scrappers tomorrow to see if a Clio will donate.. Thanks to all

Tony Walker
22-10-2012, 22:43
Good luck :agree:

gttjames
23-10-2012, 19:46
argh sorry mate, my mistake, looks like yours are different to mine and other 5's iv seen

Nottswoody
02-11-2012, 15:26
Just to prove I wasn't going barmy the other wiper arms are off a g reg 5 and are loads bigger.. Renault sure are strange designers..

http://s1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Walkingboots01/?action=view¤t=C91FAAF7-A9E8-4415-9DDB-00EB690AC6E7-632-0000006E1CDF8FBC.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Two weeks driving without wipers was not fun..

All sorted now..

Bigfoot
02-11-2012, 15:40
Just to prove I wasn't going barmy the other wiper arms are off a g reg 5 and are loads bigger.. Renault sure are strange designers..

http://s1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Walkingboots01/?action=view¤t=C91FAAF7-A9E8-4415-9DDB-00EB690AC6E7-632-0000006E1CDF8FBC.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Two weeks driving without wipers was not fun..

All sorted now..

;) The other type which is a poor design is a U shape plastic clip at end which can not be replaced, if this is broken you need a new arm.

The picture is an arm with the plastic U clip broken off

Nottswoody
02-11-2012, 16:49
;) The other type which is a poor design is a U shape plastic clip at end which can not be replaced, if this is broken you need a new arm.

The picture is an arm with the plastic U clip broken off

Correct that's the drivers side the passenger side is somewere on the m1:)