PDA

View Full Version : bumpers.

Sonny1day
08-10-2012, 22:00
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Basicall i have the standard bumpers that weigh a tone and have no flexablity what so ever i was just wondered if there were any decent standard after market ones made from plastic or somethinf

if so doens anyone have a link?

cheers sonny.

Brigsy
08-10-2012, 22:12
Standard bumpers dont weigh a lot tbh mate

Sonny1day
08-10-2012, 22:37
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Standard bumpers dont weigh a lot tbh mate

I must have some different one as my are like rock. ill get them on the scales tomorrow and see what they weigh in at. But its more about the flexablity then anything. Mine at the monent are already boken due to the bumper catching the ground and i am worried if i lower it its gonna keep happening?

Just wondered if there was any others out there.

Cheers. Sonny.

Haz
08-10-2012, 23:05
must be all the filler ;)

as brigsy said they dont weigh alot, but compared to modern cars they are and dont flex as they are grp. it tends to be the corners and front lip that go on the gtt's, if they did flex or were stronger then the weak point would just more to another part, ie the mounting point.
i used to smash the lip of mine on speed humps or parking tight against kerbs in car parks due to the height when lowered. after doing it a few times you just learn to go slower over them or park further away.

gttjames
11-10-2012, 21:05
standard bumpers do weigh alot for the size of them in comparrison to new cars, i take bumpers off newer cars which are twice the size and alot lighter then a 5's

with parts becoming scarce maybe it would be a good idea to get a mould made up of the standard bumper, and with it being lighter would be a bonus. Would it be easy to get done?

Hoolio
11-10-2012, 21:21
Front bumper is just short of 8kg not inclusive of paint, strips etc

Tony Walker
11-10-2012, 21:27
they are a very robust bumper, plastics have come along way :D

phase i 16 v turbo
12-10-2012, 08:36
There was a company producing OE looking ones in fibre glass, might still have a s/h one in the unit.

gttjames
12-10-2012, 20:50
Most new cars bumper material is alot better, you can bend them alot before any damage is done etc