PDA

View Full Version : fools guide to...

cook1981
08-10-2012, 04:35
Hi folk could some one with the know how put a fools guide to fitting an AFR gauge in the articles please with loads of pics of the wiring, my gauge is just gathering dust as an ornament on a shelf at the moment, the closest I've got to fitting it is welding the boss onto a spare down pipe

Mr Raider
11-10-2012, 12:19
Which one is it? I printed the fitting guide of the innovate website for my LC1 as it should tell you pretty much everything ;)

BILLY-R5GTT
11-10-2012, 12:44
This took me and Casper around 20 mins to install 2 weeks ago.

1. Put sensor into down pipe

2. Plug the connector on the end of the sensor wire into the connector on the wire to gauge.

3. We routed the wire along the bulk head then into the grommet at the L/H side of the bulk head opposite side to where the battery is.

4. The wire will come into the car behing the dash at the R/H side (if sat in the car)behind the carpet

(best off poking a long screw driver through the grommet from the engine side so you can feel where it comes through in the car the, attach some wire or string to the screwdriver to it and pull it into the engine bay)

5. attach the wire from the sensor to the string and pull it through into the car.

6. put your gauge where you want it to sit

7. plug the wire from the sensor into it (after routing the wire)

8. The other wire you have in the kit is what goes on to your live and earth feed (red and black) we took it from the ignition live and earth behind the stereo as other RTOC members advised.

9. plug the end of that wire into the gauge.

10. Start car up and it should be working.

:agree:

cook1981
11-10-2012, 17:15
Thanks for that, I take it the ignition wire I connect it to is red aswell, did you use spade connections or did you solder them, also the wire for the earth behind the stereo is this black*aswell, sorry if these are stupid question but want to get it right

Adam 005
12-10-2012, 12:29
i can make you a nice gauge holder
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/adam005/_DSC0032.jpg
PM me for more details

Nialle
13-10-2012, 10:33
Boost gauge in the vent looks sweet. howd you manage to drill that out tho bud?

Adam 005
14-10-2012, 10:54
Boost gauge in the vent looks sweet. howd you manage to drill that out tho bud?

I made a template to the size of the gauge then cut the vent with a junior hack saw blade.
It took a while as it's not very strong once cut.