PDA

View Full Version : Renault 19 16v Turbo For Sale..

John Wainwright
05-10-2012, 16:10
First post!

RENAULT 19 16V TURBO FOR SALE.
Here is my beloved Renault 19 16v turbo that ive owned for over 8 years and has been built, modified and maintained regardless of cost..
As you can see by the pictures it has been stripped and been fully customized and modified to a very high standard.
The car is running 300bhp presently but has been run higher on the dyno runs but de tuned to where its currently set at 21psi for sake of the gearbox/clutch.
BODY SHELL/CHASSIS.
I’ll start with the body shell/chassis, it has been professionally stripped to bare metal and had a full re spray including inner and outer seals, inner and outer wings and other welding to get it up to A1 condition and brand new bonnet. It’s been fully wax oiled to prevent any rust in the future. All excess engine metallic parts, sub frame, wishbones and torsion bar, plus the rocker cover and plenum were all powder coated in silver to match the engine bay. The exterior has small mouse mirrors, it did have small racing carbon mirrors with custom mounts but were too small to see out of so were changed to the ones on the car, if wished they will also come with the sale of the car. The bonnet has also been fully louvered and had a vent built in to channel cool air to the air filter. The front bumper was changed as it was in bad condition for an aftermarket bumper which allows more air to the front of the car for cooling over the rad and charge cooler rad. All work carried out by FULFORD MOTORSPORT in Colchester. The car comes with the old wings that can be repaired, 2 doors (passenger/driver) and aftermarket front and 2 rear bumpers as i had a spare set sent.
SUSPENSION.
The suspension is fully custom built coilovers front and rear. Built by LEDA and are fully adjustable with 24 presets for rebound and stiffness. The front coilovers were built and specifically designed to have shorter struts for maximum movement even when the car is as low as it is. The car also has full poly bushes all round. The top mounts are made from solid billet alloy and have bearings and are fully adjustable so you can camber in. The original items were poor and had to be replaced regularly through fracturing.
WHEELS.
The wheels are 17’’ team dynamic black multi spokes and are wrapped in yokohama prada 205/40ZR17 84W tyres, they are all in very good condition and have loads of tread being virtually brand new. The car also comes with a 5th brand new spare wheel exactly the same as the others plus tyre and are still boxed.
BRAKES.
The brakes have been modified on the front with the 325mm large disc conversion and have hi spec 4 pot callipers, also running ferrodo ds 2500 pads and braided lines. The rears have uprated discs and are also running ferrodo ds 2500 pads with braided lines.
INTERIOR.
The interior has been fully custom retrimmed by CARISMA AUTOMOTIVE, which includes being fully lethear lined recarpeted with false floor behind driver and passenger seats to store the amp and CD changer and also has plenty of room for tools etc. The rest of the interior, seats, roof, A/B/C pillars, door cards, dash etc have been wrapped in butterscotch leather. The dash had to be sourced and replaced as the original was in bad condition and beyond repair, the glove box is fitted with gauges which include, water temp, oil pressure, oil temp and volt meter, the gauge up on the dash by the steering wheel is the pressure gauge for the turbo. It also has a flip down display head unit and 4 large speakers, 2 mounted in the doors and 2 behind passenger and driver which are very loud. Also incorporated into the build was the 6 point roll cage designed with door bars and built custom for this car by CAGED who also built the sub frames for the seats. The seats are high sided glass fibre not the metal framed cheaper versions so hold you in pretty tight on cornering. The seats have 4 point harnesses which are attached and bolted to the sub frames and roll cage for maximum safety. The interior also has metal floor mats which can be taken out for ease of cleaning.
ENGINE.
The engine was originally designed and built by BB tuning, it has the full low compression piston set up but has since been modified and had an improved set up by AL ENGINEERING in Colchester who prepare Subaru rally cars. The engine bay has custom built turbo heat shields and has a brand new clio Williams gearbox not a recon plus clutch and has the soft pedal conversion for ease of driving around town. The starter motor/alternator, rad and fan and uprated fuel pump were all replaced for new items. It has full silicone hoses throughout the engine bay. Its running the custom exhaust manifold with a T28/T3 hybrid 360 roller bearing turbo which was rebuilt less than 6 months ago, It has a upgraded forge billet alloy actuator with customized control arm which holds the boost perfect on hard acceleration and forge alloy dump valve. From the turbo the exhaust goes straight down through one box and out on the left hand side (side exit) with a stainless steel side pipe, it’s also been heat wrapped around the back of the engine and first half of the exhaust to help prevent heat damage to the car and other close parts. It’s running cosworth green injectors, upgraded leads and NGK spark plugs to run for the higher temps, new bailey motorsport high pressure fuel regulator and race spec lambda sensor for very accurate readings when it was recently remapped. The engine also has a charge cooler set up which keeps it cool even in the hottest of summer days. All engine mounts were replaced for new items when the car was stripped to a bare shell for re spray. The engine has only covered around 1500miles since being rebuilt around 6 months ago at the same time the turbo was rebuilt.
As already mentioned in the advert the car comes with 2 spare doors, old wings, spare wheel and tyre (brand new still boxed), 1 front and 2 rear bumpers (aftermarket). It has a Clifford 650 mkll alarm fitted which is cat 1 for insurance purposes.
Selling due to family and work commitments, i need something a little more sedate with 4 doors. This car is immaculate and you’ll be hard pushed to find anything wrong and any rust on this bodyshell so no test pilots, tyre kickers, time wasters and so on, only serious enthusiasts please.
This is a much loved car so sensible offers only please guys, no silly offers.
I can be contacted on here or alternatively my email address is jfw982@hotmail.co.uk (jfw982@hotmail.co.uk) or phone number is 07730260632 and ask for John... CASH SALE ONLY AND STRICTLY NO PX..!

I WILL NOT BREAK SO DONT ASK...!!!

John Wainwright
05-10-2012, 16:23
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

My computers playing up so here are extra pictures..

John Wainwright
05-10-2012, 16:25

some more

John Wainwright
05-10-2012, 16:29

more

John Wainwright
05-10-2012, 16:31

and more

mightymanx
05-10-2012, 19:30
what price

BILLY-R5GTT
05-10-2012, 19:51
You have done a cracking job there mate :agree: it's just a shame it's in a 19 and their not worth a penny... :cry:

I have a mint 1 owner ph2 19 16v cabriolet and it's not worth a bean these days because they are just not sort after enough. Might seem harsh but its the reality with these cars :(

I love mine to bit's and I would never part with it and it's good to see an example like yours still on the road.

Have you thought about breaking it? I think that might be the only way you might make some money back.

Here's a pic of mine, only 40 or so cabriolets left on the road.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/Reno5gtt/DSC_0184.jpg

John Wainwright
05-10-2012, 21:48

Mightymanx, make me a sensible offer, im interested to see if anyone will come up with the right price..

John Wainwright
05-10-2012, 21:52

Billy-r5gtt, im not going to break it, it didnt even cross my mind as it would be worth less in my opinion to break. The cars are so rare its worth more in mint condition in one peace. Yours looks in good nick, like you said it is nice to see them on the road as they are pretty rare to see now..

Penfold aka The Dealer
05-10-2012, 22:36
Club rules, price must be declared....

Good luck selling on RTOC, were tight on here.... Nice car tho :)

mightymanx
05-10-2012, 22:45
i expect its outer my league as it a lovly car so i wont make a offer just wait till the price comes up and think ill have to sell my arm lol

Tony Walker
05-10-2012, 23:06
Looks really well finished, nice car :agree:

John Wainwright
05-10-2012, 23:21

Hey guys and sorry penfold im new to this site and am not up to date with rules and regs yet.
Im realisticaly looking for about 10k and no offers really on that price, the car needs to go as i have a baby on the way but am in no rush to just let it go for lower money. Its had in excess of 35k spent on it and thats not a willy nilly statement you can see the money and effort thats been put into it. Just to chuck a couple of figures in the engine has had around 13k spent on it and the respray alone was 6k.
I also understand its probably worth more to me sentimentally than what most would want to pay but then again you can appreciate its in immaculate condition.
I also understand im never going to make my money back as money spent on cars is always lost money but i think to sell at that price is reasonable considering the condition..
Thank you also for the compliments as i always try and keep my cars in top condition no expense spared...

turbo ted
05-10-2012, 23:30

Hey guys and sorry penfold im new to this site and am not up to date with rules and regs yet.
Im realisticaly looking for about 10k and no offers really on that price, the car needs to go as i have a baby on the way but am in no rush to just let it go for lower money. Its had in excess of 35k spent on it and thats not a willy nilly statement you can see the money and effort thats been put into it. Just to chuck a couple of figures in the engine has had around 13k spent on it and the respray alone was 6k.
I also understand its probably worth more to me sentimentally than what most would want to pay but then again you can appreciate its in immaculate condition.
I also understand im never going to make my money back as money spent on cars is always lost money but i think to sell at that price is reasonable considering the condition..
Thank you also for the compliments as i always try and keep my cars in top condition no expense spared...
13k on engine:eek: whats the spec then

rs250nut
05-10-2012, 23:44
13K on motor, thats enough to build a silly hp honda

Alex
06-10-2012, 09:44
Really nice car, you should keep it :)

r5_scotty
06-10-2012, 09:51
Really nice car, you should keep it :)

:agree:

looks like alot of work has gone into it. but 10k .i cant see alot of people paying that. keep hold of it. stick it away:D

John Wainwright
06-10-2012, 11:00

Cheers gents, i did think about it but keeping it isnt really an option as i need a 4 door with more seats..lol.

No problem aswell to other questions about the engine. Full engine list to come later today as im out this morning, take into consideration that 13k is also for the second rebuild 6 months ago which was stated in the advert and that a lot of the parts are x2. Ill go back through all reciepts as i cant remember all of it off the top of my head as im a car nut and not mechanical nut, will also list all miscellaneous parts so there is no confusion..

r5_scotty
06-10-2012, 11:49
Cheers gents, i did think about it but keeping it isnt really an option as i need a 4 door with more seats..lol.

take the cage out fit some extra seats:agree:

mightymanx
06-10-2012, 18:48
yer lovly car you may sell it easy just finding the right person

John Wainwright
06-10-2012, 21:12

ENGINE LIST...

- Custom manifold with T28/T3 360 roller bearing hybrid turbo.
- Stainless steel down pipe and cutsom stainless exhaust with side exit.
- Custom induction kit and filter.
- wossner forged low compression pistons.
- Forged conrods with ARP bolts.
- Skimmed/ported and polished head.
- New clutch with soft pedal conversion
- New clio williams gearbox.
- New cooling fan and radiator.
- Billet alloy dump valve.
- cosworth green fuel injectors.
- Chargecooler with all fittings plus header and radiator.
- Low temp fan switch / low temp thermostat.
- Alloy header tank.
- Custom ECU remap.
- Custom stainless heat shield and fittings.
- Exhaust heat wrapping.
- Oil cooler kit, feed pipes.
- Uprated fuel pump.
- Full gasket set with uprated valve stem seals.
- Matched inlets.
- New cam (standard set up) for subtle town driving and not too lumpy.
- Lightened and balanced bottom end with all new parts fitted.
- New cambelt/tensioner and water pump.
- Bailey inline turbo oil filter and new braided lines.
- Full set of new engine mounts.
- Magnecor 8mm leads.
- Williams valves.
- Race lambda sensor for accurate tuning.
- New throttle cable and fitting kit.
- New speedo cable.
- New dist cap and rotor arm.
- Custom alloy plenum attachment (inlet) from chargecooler.
- Uprated fuel pressure regulator.
- Blue silicon hoses through out.

I think thats about it minus a few small items, if i think of anything else ill post back on here.

John Wainwright
07-10-2012, 11:43
must Reiterate.!

im Not Going To Break So Dont Ask...!!!

the Car Is Being Sold As A Complete Car.

GT Josh
07-10-2012, 12:56
Although it is a smart car I dare say this will sell at ten grand.

Haz
07-10-2012, 13:42
Don't be offended with people asking you to break it. It's different but I haven't seen a 19 sell for more than £1000 for the last few years despite yours having alot of work. I am guessing at 13k for the engine build, with spec you've given means that labour is included in that price, which cant be resold, and the parts are now classed as secondhand, plus any receipts given the parts have to be on the car. I've seen may cars advertised with 'over 20k spent', then you look through the receipts and it may have a £1000 turbo, a £500 rebuild and another £500, yes 2k spent but that doesn't increase the value of car by that much, it's more like a £700 secondhand turbo.
Imo I think you'll struggle to sell it complete at that price, and even in bits is there enough 19 owners to want all the custom items? I'm 99% certain it won't sell on here, not being negitive, just realistic.
Good luck with the sale.

John Wainwright
07-10-2012, 13:50
Haz, youve hot the nail on the head and answered your own question about breaking and why i wont..! Theres probably about 5 19 16v's left on the road so minus the engine being sold and the seats who's going to buy the rest in parts.?!
This is why its being sold complete, and yes any genuine perchaser of the car will see all reciepts with all parts listed.

John Wainwright
07-10-2012, 13:52
Haz, sorry im not offended mate with people asking about breaking, im just stating that it isnt my intensions.. Thanx.

BILLY-R5GTT
08-10-2012, 16:24
I have to agree I don't think you will get anything like 10k for it, even at 5k I think you would struggle. I appreciate everything that has been done to it but unfortunately that's cars for you.

I paid £1000 for my 19 cab 18 months ago

I spent £900 on a front end respray (bonnet, grille, front bumper, and 1 wing) and alloys recon.

£1000 in parts just recently, driveshafts, all brakes, bearings, all suspension etc... My car has been fully rebuilt from the ground up and i've done all the mechanical stuff myself.

brand new roof also fitted :(

If I put it up for sale it would do £1000 tops :cry:

r5 rich
10-10-2012, 19:30
Nice car but I bought a clio 1.8 16v turbo with a higher spec engine for a 3rd of the price. It wasn`t finished inside to as high standard but again had the ledas, 325mm hi spec calipers and so on.

You are talking decent evo 8, bmw m3 e46 money here and I am sure if people could afford the running costs thats their choice of car they would go for. That is purely a weekend/ show car. Not an everyday use of a car which people are wanting now due to recession.

Just my 2p's worth but all the best!

gtgeo
21-10-2012, 15:23
First post!

if you own a donkey no matter how much you dress it up its still a donkey end of the day you cant sell it as a stallion lol,,
These cars wer rubbish in 1980 who in ther right mind would want one now,,
TRY MY M8 STEVIE !!!!

wOnDeR !!!!

Trevhib
21-10-2012, 15:36
We've waited two years for your first RTOC post gtgeo. I'd have been happy to wait another two tbh.

gtgeo
21-10-2012, 15:51

YOU GOTTA AV A LAUGH THIS GUY OBVIOUSLY IS :cartman:

robw
21-10-2012, 16:09
We've waited two years for your first RTOC post gtgeo. I'd have been happy to wait another two tbh.

:agree::agree:
He is the RTOC Troll :laugh:

gtgeo
21-10-2012, 16:32

:eek: not only am i a troll ,, i like to smash big banannas up my a hole,, how you like them apples kermit ,,, yerrrrrr boiiii:smokin:

Big Steve - Raider
21-10-2012, 17:15

:eek: not only am i a troll ,, i like to smash big banannas up my a hole,, how you like them apples kermit ,,, yerrrrrr boiiii:smokin:

:scared: :dearme:

TNT ANDY
21-10-2012, 19:06
LOL

This is the best thread in a while LOL. We need more class A numpties like this, reminds us all that actually, we are quite normal.

BTW - If you like smashing bananas up your A hole - you need to meet Ipswich LOL:cooter:

gtgeo
21-10-2012, 20:03

for you guys who had somthing to say, u take this shh to serious im on a wind up i know the guy selling it, you need to spend less time on ere dreaming & get out in the real world you might develop a sence of humor :cooter:

TNT ANDY
21-10-2012, 20:38
Oi love a :cooter:
:cooter:

old skool turbo power
21-10-2012, 20:46

:laugh::laugh:

gtgeo
21-10-2012, 21:00

Oi love a :cooter:

every1 does mate lol

gtgeo
21-10-2012, 21:00

John Wainwright
21-02-2013, 19:20
thank You For You Use Of Your Site.
the Renault Has Now Been sold for Full Asking Price..

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-02-2013, 19:26
thank You For You Use Of Your Site.
the Renault Has Now Been sold for Full Asking Price..

:agree: congrats

Trevhib
22-02-2013, 17:45
Ace, well done :)

Pocket £7k, use £3k on a top GTT with a conversion and stick around. :agree: