PDA

View Full Version : Goose fair!!!

Nottswoody
03-10-2012, 11:35
No engine work this week so far and I'm defo not getting any done today as in Nottingham it's goosefair time now normally id save my money but it's the first year my nipper will enjoy it.. So it's off to there today and just looked it has a new ride this year called atmosfear!! Looks mental.. Should be fun :) what kind of fairs do you have near you?

djinuk
03-10-2012, 11:58
I might go , how many days is it on for and whats parking like dude ?

Nottswoody
03-10-2012, 12:12
I might go , how many days is it on for and whats parking like dude ?

Think it's on till Sunday and you could always park in the town centre and catch the tram back in only 5mins away..

djinuk
03-10-2012, 14:07
hmm, im tempted to pop dwn at the weekend, is it open till late?

Nottswoody
03-10-2012, 16:49
hmm, im tempted to pop dwn at the weekend, is it open till late?

I believe till 1130-12 car parks are walking distance as well

V Man
03-10-2012, 18:53
I've been to the goose fair years ago. As well as the usual fair stuff, the gypsies had a boxing ring that you could jump in (gloves worn most of the time) and win a £10 if you beat the main man.:laugh: There was a wrestler there to...let's just say that Queensbury rules did not apply:scared:

Wonder if it still there??

BILLY-R5GTT
03-10-2012, 20:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tVMOafuAF8

Atmosfear looks mint! I might come across at the end of the week :D can't beat a good fair now can ya :agree:

Nottswoody
03-10-2012, 21:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tVMOafuAF8

Atmosfear looks mint! I might come across at the end of the week :D can't beat a good fair now can ya :agree:

Just got back and mate that was just one of the mental rides really enjoyed it tonight me mrs and baby and motherinlaw event went on some rides.. Great fun and prices weren't too bad.. It's alot higher than you think and there's also higher.. Great fun :)

Nottswoody
03-10-2012, 21:31
I've been to the goose fair years ago. As well as the usual fair stuff, the gypsies had a boxing ring that you could jump in (gloves worn most of the time) and win a £10 if you beat the main man.:laugh: There was a wrestler there to...let's just say that Queensbury rules did not apply:scared:

Wonder if it still there??

Ha ha when did you last go bud? That was years ago I used to watch them all the time sadly all the good stalls and amusements have gone now dam you health & safety :mad: still worth a trip though as I think it the uks largest fair I think but it's nothing like when I was a lad :) used to be massive.. Or was that because I was tiny :scratch: 35yr old big kid the mrs said :)

V Man
03-10-2012, 22:23
Ha ha when did you last go bud? That was years ago I used to watch them all the time sadly all the good stalls and amusements have gone now dam you health & safety :mad: still worth a trip though as I think it the uks largest fair I think but it's nothing like when I was a lad :) used to be massive.. Or was that because I was tiny :scratch: 35yr old big kid the mrs said :)

Maybe 15 years ago!? Was pretty good and Mega busy. Might take the lad when he's older for memory lane trip. Bit of a trek for me ...and my big dipper days are probably over! Have fun:agree:

BILLY-R5GTT
04-10-2012, 07:51
Just got back and mate that was just one of the mental rides really enjoyed it tonight me mrs and baby and motherinlaw event went on some rides.. Great fun and prices weren't too bad.. It's alot higher than you think and there's also higher.. Great fun :)

:agree: