PDA

View Full Version : swap my R32 GTR for a phase 1?

Slammed 66
30-09-2012, 22:34
Hey chaps,

I've got an itch that I need to scratch in the form of either a phase 1 or a genuine cup car.

I've advertised the skyline but all I've had are penniless idiots and chavs enquiring about it so I'd rather try to swap it for a car that I'd buy with the funds anyway.

Its a 1990 Gtr that I've owned for the last 9 years and have done less than 2,000 miles in.

The clocks still read in kmh which is how they should operate to give the correct speed measurements to the 4wd system.

The mileage is reading exactly 98,000 km or about 59,000 miles.

The car has been off the road for a good 2 years now due to needing a new front diff. Its been one of those jobs that I've been 'getting round to'

The car still drives fine but the front diff is whining.

The brakes will need replacing due to being stood. I took it for a trip round the block 3 weeks ago when the pics were taken and it felt like the discs had turned into 50 pence pieces!

There is rust appearing on the rear arches and the end of the sills.

Wants a pair of rear tyres

That's the bad points out of the way.

Now the good.

Maybe 3 weeks after buying the car the oil pump failed resulting in a knocking bottom end. At a cost of £3,200 I had the engine striped and rebuilt with a reground crank, new rings, new oil pump and the cam buckets re-shimmed

The engine is in rude health and sounds fantastic but please don't ask for any receipts for the work undertaken. This was over 9 years ago and I lose things frequently so the bill is long gone. The guy that rebuilt it was a bloke called tony who ran a garage called ART in Wakefield. If he's still on the go I'm sure he'd remember doing it.

Its fitted with:

HKS air filters
Mecca G ecu (original included)
De cat
3" cat back
HKS EVC 6 boost controller
JIC magic coilovers

As it stands I'd value the car close to £4k but will listen to any deal involving a phase 1 (silver preferred) or a cup car.

I already have a phase 2 which I'm trying to make as close to mint as possible so not looking for another. Just a phase 1 that I can have fun with.

Hopefully you should be able to see a few pics of the skyline here:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=1683

I'm not so computer literate so I won be supprised if that doesn't work. Those pics are only 3 weeks old by the way.

Thanks

Ross

Slammed 66
01-10-2012, 14:28
Something I forgot to mention originally,

GS Autoworks down Bournemouth way have quoted £320 supplied and fitted for the front diff.

Oil pressure is spot on and temperature is also rock solid.

Cheers

Ross

Slammed 66
02-10-2012, 18:44
Just to add, I'm not looking for a concourse car or even something with a value of £4k. If you've got a tidy phase 1 that's got a rough value of maybe £2.5k I'd be very interested.

Just try me :agree:

Ross

Slammed 66
02-10-2012, 21:12
Happily I can report that I've done a cash deal on a electric blue phase 1 shell.

It's going to be a bloody long expensive project but I'm hoping to have it done for sangliers.

Anyhow, this now means the skyline can stay and this thread can be forgotten about!

:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Tony Walker
02-10-2012, 21:13
:scratch: what thread?

Will look forward to some progress reports :coffee:

Slammed 66
02-10-2012, 21:17
Thanks tony, as I say it's not gonna be cheap or easy. Everything removed from under the bonnet, no bonnet grill or front bumper and body coloured kit but itll turn out right enough hopefully.

When I get it home ill start a progress thread.

Ross

Tony Walker
02-10-2012, 21:18
Good luck :agree:

Haz
02-10-2012, 22:16
have you bought tinman's ph1?

Slammed 66
02-10-2012, 22:19
Yeah that's the one. It's not ideal but I am on a budget.

Leebourner
23-11-2012, 01:11
I'd swap for your r32? :p

Pete@Backyard Racing
23-11-2012, 09:52
Good man for saving the electric blue. It looked good in the pics.
Just needs a front end from Renault (£120) and checking on a jig.
I think it was missing the interior and engine from what I recall.
Get sum pics up dude :)

Slammed 66
23-11-2012, 10:06
Hey Pete, thanks man. The interior is all there but with some tares in the black bits of the bolsters so ill get them repaired.

Engine and box are gone but I've bought a full running package from billy on here so should all be up and running for after Christmas. Roll on sangliers 2013! :smokin:

Lee, thanks for the offer dude but I would have only took a cup car or phase 1 anyway.

Thanks

Ross

chris
23-11-2012, 10:54
What sort of money are them r32's if you dont mind me asking

Slammed 66
23-11-2012, 11:28
Good useable ones are roughly £6 - £12k depending on condition and spec. As it stands I'd value mine at roughly £4k with it needing a couple of bits but I'm getting it sorted and put back into use again.

chris
23-11-2012, 11:32
Cheers there a nice looking car with and the skys the limit with what you can do to them

BILLY-R5GTT
24-11-2012, 09:58
If I had of known you had that I would have gave you my phase 2 running and cash for your R32 if you wanted.

I could have done with something for the weekend whilst the 19 is off the road :crap: