PDA

View Full Version : head port and polished/upgraded

matty j
30-09-2012, 20:59
As above chaps who does it and how much :)

Nottswoody
30-09-2012, 21:09
As above chaps who does it and how much :)

Talked about this last week chap and someone commented around £500 for the work so it's something I won't be doing.. Or was that gas flowed? Or is this the samething?

BILLY-R5GTT
30-09-2012, 21:37
Didn't think it would be that much... (could be wrong) I got quoted £500 for a port and polish on an F7r 16v head and I thought there would be alot more to it with it being 16v.

I thought it would be around the £300-350 mark. I'd like some info on this too :agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
30-09-2012, 21:45
It all depends what you have done, you can have a mild port where they concentrate on areas of the ports or you can go wholer hog and have everything under sun done

To be honest unless your chasing huge power and have and engine that needs a ported head a standard head will do well for over 200bhp

Alex
01-10-2012, 09:49
As Mark said it really depends on what you have done/how much work is involved.

I forget how much mine was but I think it was around £500 from CTM, but it certainly wasn't just a port and polish. I had it vapour blasted, new broze valve guides fitted, new springs, stem seals, both manifold blasted and matched to the head and probably a load more stuff I can't remember. There's some pictures in my profile of it.

That price wasn't even that expensive, I've known of people to spend 1K + on head work!

matty j
01-10-2012, 10:08
As Mark said it really depends on what you have done/how much work is involved.

I forget how much mine was but I think it was around £500 from CTM, but it certainly wasn't just a port and polish. I had it vapour blasted, new broze valve guides fitted, new springs, stem seals, both manifold blasted and matched to the head and probably a load more stuff I can't remember. There's some pictures in my profile of it.

That price wasn't even that expensive, I've known of people to spend 1K + on head work!

That seems a good prIce as I want It doIng so I can chase bIg power If I decIde to later :)
And why does my bloody phone put capItal I's In everywhere lol

Alex
01-10-2012, 11:48
Well if you're going to take the plunge and get the work done I'd definitely recommend CTM. I think their details are in the contacts section. We can a bit of discount with them too ;)