PDA

View Full Version : hispec brake calipers

dgdogz
13-12-2008, 20:32
does anyone know where i can get these to fit my 5??
or maybe can anyone recomend somthin better

bearing in mind i dont wana pay over the odds...i just wana find somethin better than the standard ones i got on ryt now

:)

thanks chaps

Ashy
13-12-2008, 20:47
Just been looking into this myself mate, not sure whether to go for 172 / 182 std calipers and 280mm discs using a machined bracket to hold the calipers or some fancy 4 pots like these...

http://www.bigbrakes4u.co.uk/shopping_cart.php

Not sure what the other options are.

Mart
13-12-2008, 21:05
does anyone know where i can get these to fit my 5??

Hi-spec?

http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk

Ashy
13-12-2008, 21:45
Mart, any idea what the difference is between the Economy and standard kits? Its not clear on the website!

Not a bad price tho!!

dgdogz
13-12-2008, 21:48
i kno wt u mean mate
thers jus so many i dont know which one wld be better suited

and another reason bein im not too good with the mechanic side of things id rather jus get the wallet out
hahaha
cheers for the link mart

markey b
13-12-2008, 21:59
mine are just the 285mm 4pot kit.... do the job

markey b
13-12-2008, 22:00
http://www.hispecbrake.co.uk/Conversions/Renault/5%20Turbo%20285%20B4.htm

Ashy
13-12-2008, 22:19

Standard or Economy Markey?

Alastair
14-12-2008, 09:50
There have been a few sets of hi spec callipers on eBay recently, save some dosh so long as they are for 22mm disks you can then buy the brackets direct from hi spec for 90 quid. I splashed out on the hi spec disks too but iirc they are from a lancia delta integrale...

If your lucky you can get a billet 4 kit for under 350 that way.

Chris Hebden
14-12-2008, 10:08
There have been a few sets of hi spec callipers on eBay recently, save some dosh so long as they are for 22mm disks you can then buy the brackets direct from hi spec for 90 quid. I splashed out on the hi spec disks too but iirc they are from a lancia delta integrale...

Thats right Alastair the discs are from a lancia, but they do need modifying to fit. I wrote a bit in this board somewhere about how to get the discs to fit. Mine work brilliant

edited : http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=958

Mudslinger
14-12-2008, 13:09
just to add to this , ive found that the green stuff pads that are used in the kit seem to take ages to heat up from cold and are maybe best suited when used on track , im sure the pads that fit the hi-spec calipers are volvo pads ,cant remember the model ,i fitted a set of standard volvo pads and its made the brakes feel so much better ;)

what pads are others using with the hi-spec calipers ?

dgdogz
14-12-2008, 17:39
can any of you fine chaps tell me what size i should be goin for or will that depend on the size of the disc that im on right now???

i really want to upgrade the whole lot but seems itl cost a lot so i was jus gona do the calipers ryt now

:)

Chris Hebden
14-12-2008, 17:45
Get the 285mm kit mate. You wont regret it! BUT if you want cheap get the R21 discs the brackets and some uprated pads, proven on track as being a very good set up! ;)

markey b
14-12-2008, 18:22
brake pads are:

EBC DP2143 - Volvo 240/260

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360110792547&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023

Leigh
17-12-2008, 09:58

What size wheels have you got ? Im after a set of these Hi Spec 4 pots but need to know my wheel clearence but not got my wheels, there away being refurbed :(

Mine are 15's the Turbines if anyone would know what fits behind these wheels :D

Chris Hebden
17-12-2008, 12:10
My wheels are 15"/7"

Alastair
17-12-2008, 12:32
just to add to this , ive found that the green stuff pads that are used in the kit seem to take ages to heat up from cold and are maybe best suited when used on track , im sure the pads that fit the hi-spec calipers are volvo pads ,cant remember the model ,i fitted a set of standard volvo pads and its made the brakes feel so much better ;)

Mud, I've gone for restuff ceramic and will let you know once the car is on the road!

Leigh
17-12-2008, 12:33
My wheels are 15"/7"

And you have the 285mm kit on yours ? With no clearance issues or spacers ?

Chris Hebden
17-12-2008, 12:45
Yea thats right mate. Work like a charm, i posted a link above from my other thread stating what i used when i bought replacement parts!

Leigh
17-12-2008, 13:08
Yea thats right mate. Work like a charm, i posted a link above from my other thread stating what i used when i bought replacement parts!

Oakey doke thanks for that, why didnt you want Hi Spec discs when replacing them ? Or was it just there price. Cos i was going to buy the whole kit from them.

Leigh

Chris Hebden
17-12-2008, 14:01
Oakey doke thanks for that, why didnt you want Hi Spec discs when replacing them ? Or was it just there price. Cos i was going to buy the whole kit from them.

Leigh

It was a bit of a personal gripe to be honest, wasnt happy with the customer service! I would buy the complete kit from them in the first instance and then once you've worn the first set down get the replacements elsewhere. Then again i probably got the gentleman on a bad day and there wont be any reason for you not to buy from them, well apart from the price! Good luck buddy

WADDIE
17-12-2008, 16:55

when i had a set of hi spec brakes i found that ford P100 pads fitted but this was on a cav GSI that i turbo'd etc...im sure on a 5 they might be a little different. they worked v well indeed. By far some of the most powerfull cheap brake kits on the market i found! :cool: