PDA

View Full Version : Bring out your cams - Part II

Andrew Cooke
13-12-2008, 20:10
The old hands amongst you will recall me trying to borrow all your cams to measure. I'm still missing a few...

Anyway, to try and bring something extra to this site Scoff has been working on some code to display my data better, and make it interactive. It's now available to play with.

Note that it's a work in progress, Scoff is still playing with the code, and I'm still adding curves. What this means is that it may occasionally be flakey if we're in the middle of an update when you try to use it. If that happens give it a few minutes and try refreshing.

You will note that the data is displayed in 2 forms, some are curves, and some are dots. The curves are cams that I've plotted, the dots come from what I believe to be reliable sources. If your cam is either missing, or just dots feel free to send it to me for measuring.

anyway, the link (http://www.rtoc.org/cam/):

The new Bill J
13-12-2008, 20:21
It works for me on Firefox :cool:

Mart
13-12-2008, 21:02
I'm on XP (service pack 2)/I.E7 and it's working sweet as a nut.

As mentioned in the PM's, top effort Scoff, and nice one Andy for measuring the sticks :agree:

jantheeven
13-12-2008, 21:07
I'm on XP (service pack 2)/I.E7 and it's working sweet as a nut.

As mentioned in the PM's, top effort Scoff, and nice one Andy for measuring the sticks :agree:

Same here... nice job!! :agree:

Andrew Cooke
13-12-2008, 21:11
For those that can't see it, you can cut and past into threads too
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/../cam/plot.php?cam=std+GTT&lsa=&cam2=Piper+285&lsa2=&rocker=1.5&advance=0&vc=0.2

MR TURBO
13-12-2008, 21:23
whilst we're waiting I've been playing in IE. On my screen there is a line under where it says 'advance'. I can move my cursor over it until 'plot.php' appears in the bottom left. If I then click, the plot appears.

Same here good little gizmo!!!:agree:

Chris Hebden
13-12-2008, 21:26
Exceptional work guys!

Scoff
13-12-2008, 22:50
if you understand cam basics then it's a really helpfull tool to help gauge how a particular cam will work in different conditions. you can define an lsa per cam, you can see how overlap is affected.

Scoff
14-12-2008, 00:59
I've updated the look and feel of it and got rid of the frames, it should work with any browser settings you like now :cool:

Woznaldo
14-12-2008, 07:28
It works for me on Firefox :cool:

Works well for me too on Firefox for Mac. Sterling work once again.:agree:

Adey aka Ewok
14-12-2008, 08:22
works really good, wheres my invisable posts lol

Rob@Backyardracing
14-12-2008, 08:23
:agree: Good work chaps..